Thread: 200M Gamer slow net speeds
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 23:36   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: slow net speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldc2710 View Post
i shouldnt have any throttling/traffic management
you are absolutely correct. Quite interestingly my connection has been mint and all of Lincoln's traffic goes through Nottingham. You might find it is a local fault or congestion issue in your street/immediate area.

The first two things I would check are your power levels and setup a TBB graph which looks like this:

Don't dismiss this and think it is a faff. Both are great diagnostic tools and if your connection has annoyed you enough that you have taken the time to come on the forum and moan about it then you can do yourself a favour and provide more info to troubleshoot it.

Can you do a speed test as well and see what you get? Are you using a pc or laptop and is it wired or wireless? See, lots of variables and things we need to think about. I wouldn't go ringing VM yet.

Last edited by General Maximus; 13-02-2017 at 23:54.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote