Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   NTL TV Drive FAQ (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33605524)

HDFootyMan 29-12-2006 22:31

NTL TV Drive FAQ

This thread is for discussion of the TV Drive FAQ Article

Please note that the FAQ Article was originally written by Chris, and is now updated by Spiderplant and the CF Team as new infomation comes to light.

punky 29-12-2006 22:39

Re: NTL TV Drive FAQ

Outstanding mate :tu:

Thanx :clap:

I'll make it stick as its very useful, may copy it to Articles.

HDFootyMan 29-12-2006 22:46

Cheers mate. :)

welwynrose 30-12-2006 08:41

brilliant post only one small question - if you are an existing customer with two boxes, you have the tv drive installed and they take away one box but you keep the second box and ideas what you'll be charged????

Nikesh 30-12-2006 10:25

This is great, thank you very much.

almara 30-12-2006 11:35

Brilliant Post! Well done!

gadge 30-12-2006 13:59

superb:tu: :tu: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EssDee 31-12-2006 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by welwynrose (Post 34187706)
brilliant post only one small question - if you are an existing customer with two boxes, you have the tv drive installed and they take away one box but you keep the second box and ideas what you'll be charged????

Your charges should remain the same. I assume you are presently paying an additional £15 for the second box. It would remain at £15 to replace one of your boxes with a TVDrive (£10 for TVDrive plus £5 for 'second' box). This is assuming you have the Family Pack, otherwise the TVDrive would cost £15. All costs are of course per month. There would also be no installation charge.

It's a no-brainer for those that already have 2 boxes (and paying £15 additional per month anyway).

Cheers

Ernie_C 01-01-2007 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Howell (Post 34187577)
Q: Yeah, so?
A: With three tuners, you can watch one ‘live’ programme, while recording up to two other programmes at the same time (or, you can record three programmes, including the one on the current channel, simultaneously).

Excellent document. Unless the NTL version of TVDrive has slightly different software from Telewest, you CANNOT currently record three programmes at once.

HDFootyMan 01-01-2007 16:44

Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie_C (Post 34189123)
Excellent document. Unless the NTL version of TVDrive has slightly different software from Telewest, you CANNOT currently record three programmes at once.

:tu: Well spotted, my mistake.

But I'm sure I read somewhere that a future software will let you do this (record current channel plus 2 other channels). Is this true or was I dreaming? :p:

Ernie_C 02-01-2007 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Howell (Post 34189132)
... I read somewhere that a future software will let you do this (record current channel plus 2 other channels). Is this true or was I dreaming? :p:

The box is certainly capable of this in a future software release. It kind of does it now when the third tuner is 'buffered' to allow DelayTV.

rmg 03-01-2007 16:02

Thank you for an excellent and informative post :)

dranny69 04-01-2007 21:22

great post . roll on late january:)

Jacquesb 05-01-2007 09:46

Chris, thanks for an excellent post!

Quote:

Q: How much?
A: Well, that depends:

Existing TV service customers: You can either pay £75 to get TV Drive installed (in which case they take away your old box) OR – you can get the Engineer to move your existing box into another room of your choice, and then you pay £5 per month for that box, for a minimum of 12 months.

New TV service customers:Installation is free.

All customers pay a rental charge for the TV Drive itself:

If you’re on the Family Pack: £10 per month.
If you’re not the Family Pack: £15 per month.

On the question of how much, as I already have a 2nd box for which I am currently paying £15pcm according to your figures should I be able to get a free install, return the 2nd box, pay £10 pcm for the TV Drive and £5 pcm for the other box - i.e. nett £0 per month ?

Ever hopeful, J

EssDee 05-01-2007 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacquesb (Post 34191717)
Chris, thanks for an excellent post!

On the question of how much, as I already have a 2nd box for which I am currently paying £15pcm according to your figures should I be able to get a free install, return the 2nd box, pay £10 pcm for the TV Drive and £5 pcm for the other box - i.e. nett £0 per month ?

Ever hopeful, J

See my previous response above.