Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL TV Drive FAQ

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

NTL TV Drive FAQ

Old 29-12-2006, 23:31   #1
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
NTL TV Drive FAQ

This thread is for discussion of the TV Drive FAQ Article

Please note that the FAQ Article was originally written by Chris, and is now updated by Spiderplant and the CF Team as new infomation comes to light.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2006, 23:39   #2
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: NTL TV Drive FAQ

Outstanding mate

Thanx

I'll make it stick as its very useful, may copy it to Articles.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 23:46   #3
HDFootyMan
Inactive

HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Cheers mate.
Old 30-12-2006, 09:41   #4
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

brilliant post only one small question - if you are an existing customer with two boxes, you have the tv drive installed and they take away one box but you keep the second box and ideas what you'll be charged????
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 11:25   #5
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Smile Re: NTL TV Drive FAQ

This is great, thank you very much.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 12:35   #6
almara
Inactive

Services: NTL - TV, Phone & 4mb Broadband
almara is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant Post! Well done!
almara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 14:59   #7
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

superb
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 16:53   #8
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by welwynrose View Post
brilliant post only one small question - if you are an existing customer with two boxes, you have the tv drive installed and they take away one box but you keep the second box and ideas what you'll be charged????
Your charges should remain the same. I assume you are presently paying an additional £15 for the second box. It would remain at £15 to replace one of your boxes with a TVDrive (£10 for TVDrive plus £5 for 'second' box). This is assuming you have the Family Pack, otherwise the TVDrive would cost £15. All costs are of course per month. There would also be no installation charge.

It's a no-brainer for those that already have 2 boxes (and paying £15 additional per month anyway).

Cheers
EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 17:29   #9
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Howell View Post
Q: Yeah, so?
A: With three tuners, you can watch one ‘live’ programme, while recording up to two other programmes at the same time (or, you can record three programmes, including the one on the current channel, simultaneously).
Excellent document. Unless the NTL version of TVDrive has slightly different software from Telewest, you CANNOT currently record three programmes at once.
Old 01-01-2007, 17:44   #10
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie_C View Post
Excellent document. Unless the NTL version of TVDrive has slightly different software from Telewest, you CANNOT currently record three programmes at once.
Well spotted, my mistake.

But I'm sure I read somewhere that a future software will let you do this (record current channel plus 2 other channels). Is this true or was I dreaming?
Old 02-01-2007, 15:44   #11
Ernie_C

Services: Virgin Media Broadband M, TV XL, V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Howell View Post
... I read somewhere that a future software will let you do this (record current channel plus 2 other channels). Is this true or was I dreaming?
The box is certainly capable of this in a future software release. It kind of does it now when the third tuner is 'buffered' to allow DelayTV.
Old 03-01-2007, 17:02   #12
rmg
Inactive

rmg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for an excellent and informative post
rmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 22:22   #13
dranny69
Inactive

Services: virgin TV xl + sports and movies v+ 10 MEG BB TALK UNLIMITED 24
dranny69 will become famous soon enoughdranny69 will become famous soon enoughdranny69 will become famous soon enough

great post . roll on late january
dranny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46   #14
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris, thanks for an excellent post!

Quote:
Q: How much?
A: Well, that depends:

Existing TV service customers: You can either pay £75 to get TV Drive installed (in which case they take away your old box) OR – you can get the Engineer to move your existing box into another room of your choice, and then you pay £5 per month for that box, for a minimum of 12 months.

New TV service customers:Installation is free.

All customers pay a rental charge for the TV Drive itself:

If you’re on the Family Pack: £10 per month.
If you’re not the Family Pack: £15 per month.

On the question of how much, as I already have a 2nd box for which I am currently paying £15pcm according to your figures should I be able to get a free install, return the 2nd box, pay £10 pcm for the TV Drive and £5 pcm for the other box - i.e. nett £0 per month ?

Ever hopeful, J
Jacquesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 14:32   #15
EssDee
cf.addict

Services: VIP120 with TiVo
EssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really niceEssDee is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
Chris, thanks for an excellent post!

On the question of how much, as I already have a 2nd box for which I am currently paying £15pcm according to your figures should I be able to get a free install, return the 2nd box, pay £10 pcm for the TV Drive and £5 pcm for the other box - i.e. nett £0 per month ?

Ever hopeful, J
See my previous response above.
EssDee is offline   Reply With Quote