Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   disability living allowance (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=26599)

Flyboy 14-12-2009 22:51

Re: disability living allowance

I must say that I am a bit concerned by the use of ATOS, they don't seem to have much of a good track record in these matters. But then that doesn't seem to have changed things very much.

At the moment, long term IB claimants are exempt from transferring to the new benefit and I don't think it affects majority of DLA claimants yet. I do remember some scare stories being bandied about earlier this year, these were quickly denied by many of the disability charities in the UK at the time.

Does anyone know of the guidelines that ATOS should be using when determining someones eligibility for ESA.

peanut 14-12-2009 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 34927430)
Does anyone know of the guidelines that ATOS should be using when determining someones eligibility for ESA.

Do you mean the point system listed here and here (pdf).

dilli-theclaw 14-12-2009 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 34927430)
I must say that I am a bit concerned by the use of ATOS, they don't seem to have much of a good track record in these matters. But then that doesn't seem to have changed things very much.

At the moment, long term IB claimants are exempt from transferring to the new benefit and I don't think it affects majority of DLA claimants yet. I do remember some scare stories being bandied about earlier this year, these were quickly denied by many of the disability charities in the UK at the time.

Only for now as you say - apparently they (including me ;)) will be transferred starting from April time next year.

Flyboy 14-12-2009 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutkp (Post 34927433)
Do you mean the point system listed here and here (pdf).

That is part of what I am enquiring about, but what about the guidelines for the free written assessment and the consultation documents, which I believe ATOS medics need to complete as well?

nomadking 14-12-2009 23:42

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the "Incapacity Benefit Handbook for Approved Doctors" for ESA/WCA?

mrmistoffelees 15-12-2009 08:37

I've asked the person I know and they're getting some information for me regarding several of the queries that have been raised. I should hopefully be able to post some info up here at some point today.

TakeCare 15-12-2009 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 34927502)
I've asked the person I know and they're getting some information for me regarding several of the queries that have been raised. I should hopefully be able to post some info up here at some point today.

Thank you.