Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | disability living allowance

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

disability living allowance

Old 01-04-2005, 19:29   #1
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
disability living allowance

i know this has been touched on before but i kinda wanted a standalone thread about it , i had a medical the other week for industrial injuries benefit and for the second time i have been classed as 40% disabled , anyway , i have been turned down twice already for dla and was wondering if anyone had experience of going after dla repeatedly until they got it ??? , all ithoughts and ideas appreciated
paulyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2005, 19:34   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: disability living allowance

I would have thought that it mainly hinges on the medical and what your GP writes
Old 01-04-2005, 19:35   #3
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
I would have thought that it mainly hinges on the medical and what your GP writes

which makes me wonder , if i am classed as 40% disabled now , at what threshold does dla kick in
Old 01-04-2005, 20:17   #4
purenuman
Inactive

Services: SKY+ & NTL 2mb
purenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
which makes me wonder , if i am classed as 40% disabled now , at what threshold does dla kick in
It has probably got more to do with how your disability affects your quality of life and ability to do things for your self rather than % of disability.

Just found this http://www.benefitsnow.co.uk/
purenuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 20:24   #5
allieyoung666
Permanently Banned

Services: whats that??
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze age
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze age

Thanks for that I will let Paul know!!!
allieyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 00:25   #6
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

My mother got it first time mate, however with both forms of arthritis in every join tin her body, plus inoperable crumbling discs in her spine and fibromyalgia

I guess 80% disabled wasnt a surprise.

They are tightening up mate, apparently my mother no longer needs care through the night, thuis her beenfit payments are being reduced, despite this 80% disablilty, apparently she can manage without help.

I stil question whether they are fully eqiupt to say that her condition is better than last year. I mean lets face it, although rheumatiod can go itno remision osteo is only going to get worse. I wonder if she will be declared foit to work when her spine crumbles completely and paraylses her, its not if, its actually when.

This gov has ****ed over the diabled people well and truelly and its high time someone did somehtign for their rights and their care, my mother clearely cannot work, how is she supposed to ****ing survive?

Same goes for Paul here, he was hurt severely at work, now he cant work because of it, how is he supposed to live?
Old 02-04-2005, 00:30   #7
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

I struggle to see how they can put a percentage on it. 40% disabled sounds pretty bad to me, and 80% sounds terrible. But if, as Paul says, the DLA kicks in at a percentage, how do they measure that percentage? I admit to not knowing much about it, but I always thought disability can fluctuate on a day to day basis?
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:22   #8
purenuman
Inactive

Services: SKY+ & NTL 2mb
purenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by me283
I struggle to see how they can put a percentage on it.
I don't think the DLA do!

As I said before it has probably got more to do with how your disability affects your quality of life and ability to do things for yourself rather than % of disability.
purenuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:34   #9
ScaredWebWarrior

Services: NTL Phone/Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by purenuman
It has probably got more to do with how your disability affects your quality of life and ability to do things for your self rather than % of disability.
Yup. When you fill in the DLA application, there are sections on what the disability causes problems with and to what extent.

For example, if the problem was getting dressed - i.e. someone needs help with that - then you need to clearly specify how often and how much help.
Make sure not to understate the problems or to miss anything.

If you want any further help on DLA, you can PM me - there are a few tricks to filling in the forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by me283
But if, as Paul says, the DLA kicks in at a percentage,<snip>
It doesn't. It's based on the effect it has on your life and what assistance you need.
Old 02-04-2005, 18:16   #10
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredWebWarrior
If you want any further help on DLA, you can PM me - there are a few tricks to filling in the forms

watch out for pm's flying your way
Old 02-04-2005, 18:39   #11
ian@huth
Inactive

Services: VM 10Mb, TU, 1xSky HD, 2xSky+ (HD,all packs, sports & movies) 2xDVD PVR's, Freesat Freeview & other
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze
ian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronzeian@huth is cast in bronze

Getting DLA is like trying to win the lottery. It took me over three years of medicals, tribunals, appeals to Commissioners, etc to get what I have now (lower rate care and higher rate mobility) which I still think is not as much as I should be getting. Sociable has had similar problems going on over a longer period. A lot can depend on what the examining medical practitioner puts in his report if the DWP ask for a report. One that examined me only saw me take three steps across the kitchen and from that declared that I could walk with normal gait but with an occasional limp in my left (if I can remember correctly) leg. How can you have a normal gait if you have a limp and how can you determine that it is an occasional limp if only three steps have been taken?

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/dc/dcboa...pics&forum=100 is worth having a look at. This site is basically for professionals in the benefits field but tells you a lot about what is going on. I will let you have some more links when I stick the HDD that has them on in my PC>
ian@huth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 18:54   #12
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Any good?
Old 16-08-2009, 21:14   #13
CAROLWHITIE

Some really good stuff can be found here.

Benefits and Work Publishing Ltd
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk
Company registration No. 5962666..

Please remember to take the gloves off when dealing with the DWP they are out to screw you in any event. Already they are openly abusing your Human Rights be subjecting you to degrading treatment as most of their doctors are already bought and paid for.
Old 16-08-2009, 21:23   #14
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

It's just a shame the site feeds of people by charging them for a service that the CAB and most decent local charaties or sites like moneysavingexpert will provide for FREE.

This site is, in my opninion, no better than the people it /claims/ to have a problem with.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2009, 21:27   #15
zing_deleted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ6N5m8FpVg