Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just got 50mb Broadband - Signal levels ok? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664844)

Risco 13-05-2010 21:01

Re: Just got 50mb Broadband - Signal levels ok?

Rang up and got an Indian call centre 2 days ago. They said there was a fault in the area. Gave me £15 and said it was to be fixed by 13th. Today, still issues. So rang again, got another £20 credit and said it could take up to 2 weeks. Explained my cooling off period was up on Saturday and could they extend it while I wait. They said unable to do this and call customer service in the morning.

Very frustrating, what should I do and can they increase the cooling off period?

pip08456 13-05-2010 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risco (Post 35021145)
Rang up and got an Indian call centre 2 days ago. They said there was a fault in the area. Gave me £15 and said it was to be fixed by 13th. Today, still issues. So rang again, got another £20 credit and said it could take up to 2 weeks. Explained my cooling off period was up on Saturday and could they extend it while I wait. They said unable to do this and call customer service in the morning.

Very frustrating, what should I do and can they increase the cooling off period?

Yes they can extend the cooling off period especially if you have had issues during it.

Ring in the morning as advised and sort something out with them.

speedfreak 13-05-2010 21:58

When you ring UK, confirm the credit as offshore support lied to me about putting credit on my account

Risco 13-05-2010 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35021166)
Yes they can extend the cooling off period especially if you have had issues during it.

Ring in the morning as advised and sort something out with them.

Great, makes me feel a bit better. Only reason I stayed with Virgin over Sky was because of the broadband! :erm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreak (Post 35021234)
When you ring UK, confirm the credit as offshore support lied to me about putting credit on my account

Wow, I will check in the morning to see they have done that. Damn stupid script reading idiots! It is nice to have a 24 hour service for issues, but I would rather an english based call centre.

Peter_ 13-05-2010 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risco (Post 35021297)

Wow, I will check in the morning to see they have done that. Damn stupid script reading idiots! It is nice to have a 24 hour service for issues, but I would rather an english based call centre.

I would rather not have us covering 24/7 thank you.;):D

speedfreak 13-05-2010 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35021303)

Think of the money and of your customers :D

Ignitionnet 13-05-2010 23:20

Quote:

NMCs do, slacker.

They wouldn't want to pay you guys the extra unsociable hours allowances no doubt :)

pip08456 13-05-2010 23:24

If by any chance the CS dealing with you in the morning won't play the game, ask to be put through to retentions and explain to them that you have not had a fair and reasonable chance to evaluate their service due to the issues you have experienced.

Honestly though you should not need to go that far as CS will realise you need more time. You may even get a credit to your account.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Quote:

Think of the overtime! You could earn a fortune!!:D:D:D:D

Risco 14-05-2010 00:03

Quote:

Hehe, think of the money! Seriously though, I know it is cost related but having english based call centres could solve a lot of issues. All we end up doing is calling the UK guys in the morning anyway. I personally feel that 12am finish would be a reasonable ask.

Maybe I will email the CEO with that idea :P

/runs

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35021312)
If by any chance the CS dealing with you in the morning won't play the game, ask to be put through to retentions and explain to them that you have not had a fair and reasonable chance to evaluate their service due to the issues you have experienced.

Honestly though you should not need to go that far as CS will realise you need more time. You may even get a credit to your account.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Think of the overtime! You could earn a fortune!!:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the tip!

Risco 14-05-2010 20:37

5 Attachment(s)
An engineer is coming out tmoz. He would have come today, but I had to go to work.

Just look at these joke stats.

General Maximus 14-05-2010 22:12

what is wrong with them? Your download speeds are fine and as for the speedtest, run one off the london server and see what you get

speedfreak 14-05-2010 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35021961)
what is wrong with them? Your download speeds are fine and as for the speedtest, run one off the london server and see what you get

Are we viewing different results here :confused:

Did you check on the credit? :)

Risco 14-05-2010 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35021961)

I did run off the London one, just did not upload it. I am on 50mb, getting half my upload speed and less than 30mb speeds, barely faster than my 20mb. :rolleyes:

General Maximus 14-05-2010 22:29

I am seeing download speeds of 3.5mb/sec which I think is perfectly reasonable for a 50mbit connection. If I get anything between 4-5 I am happy. In theory I could moan all the time because I should be getting 6mb/sec for my 50mbit connection but I can honestly say that I only 6mb/sec for the first time ever yesterday when I was hammering newsgroups. I think VM are ahead of the game in terms of speed atm in the sense that the majority of websites can't pump out enough juice to all it's visitors. If we could click our fingers and give everyone 50mbit in the country they would all be moaning. It isn't because VM arent providing the download speed, it is because on the majority of sites it just simply isn't available to be had. Maybe this time next year as things develop peeps won't have a problem pulling 5mb/sec and instead those of us 100mbit will be moaning that we can't download at 12.5mb/sec. It just takes time for everyone to catch up.

When I first got my 50mbit connection I was lucky enough that one server on speedtest.net gave me a true line test because none of the other ones did and VM said not to use speedtest.net because it didn't support 50mbit connections. The engineer ran a test off the official VM test server and it came back with 25mbits, what does that say about the VM servers?

Risco 15-05-2010 14:29

Guy came, give him his due he spent nearly 2 hours sorting it. He said I needed a reverse HDU to keep my upstream in check ( already had, was hoping I could do without )

Turns out the Dlink was faulty and killing my speeds, also he replaced the splitter.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2010/05/27.png