Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   [Updated]Abu Qatada finally deported to Jordan (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684711)

ceedee 17-01-2012 16:28

re: [Updated]Abu Qatada's deportation appeal REJECTED

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35364108)
But he is not a human rights, democracy activist or a refugee, so he has no reason not to be deported!

Only according to your warped concept of what constitutes human rights! :erm:

nomadking 17-01-2012 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedee (Post 35364129)
Only according to your warped concept of what constitutes human rights! :erm:

How is he a human rights activist?:rolleyes: He is at the very least a criminal, evading justice. I think what was originally meant was '(human rights or democracy) activist or a refugee'.

Alan Fry 17-01-2012 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35364131)
How is he a human rights activist?:rolleyes: He is at the very least a criminal, evading justice. I think what was originally meant was '(human rights or democracy) activist or a refugee'.

That is what I am saying!

ceedee 17-01-2012 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35364131)

Alan earlier indicated that he believes that the European Human Rights Convention and our Human Rights Act should ONLY apply to '(human rights or democracy) activist or a refugee'.
I disagree strongly.

Oh and he's only been found guilty (in absentia) by a Jordanian court on the evidence obtained by torture of his co-accused. No other country, including the UK, seem to want to give him a fair trial...

martyh 17-01-2012 17:31

I would have to agree with ceedee on this .We cannot in all conscience deport him based on evidence obtained by torture and knowing that in all likelyhood he will be tortured again It is the same as condoning torture and since part of the reason for going to Iraq and Afghanistan was to rid the world of regimes that use torture ,it would make that a waste of time and lives .I can understand that people want this odious man out of our country but we cannot pick and choose what basic rights people have .

danielf 17-01-2012 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35364170)
<snip> since part of the reason for going to Iraq and Afghanistan was to rid the world of regimes that use torture ,it would make that a waste of time and lives <snip>

I thought the US went to Iraq and Afghanistan to carry out torture that isn't allowed on their home soil?

Sirius 17-01-2012 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedee (Post 35363962)
What kind of human rights declaration do you imagine would sanction 'exporting' suspects to countries widely recognised for systematic torture?

Which version of human rights would sanction allowing a known terrorist to live in the country he hates and wants to harm ????

Send him home and let him ROT

Peter_ 17-01-2012 17:53

Send him to Guatanamo Bay and throw away the key, he would suit an orange jumpsuit and a hood will Metallica on full volume 24/7.:mad:

devilincarnate 17-01-2012 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_ (Post 35364205)
Send him to Guatanamo Bay and throw away the key, he would suit an orange jumpsuit and a hood will Metallica on full volume 24/7.:mad:

Can I go :)

Hugh 17-01-2012 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35364145)
That is what I am saying!

No, it wasn't - we can only read what you say, not try to guess what you thought you meant to say....

Tezcatlipoca 17-01-2012 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35363974)
If they have commited crimes in other countries (with the exception of democracy, human rights activists and perscuted people) why should we keep them here, Britain should not be a haven for rouges!

It's OK, I doubt that Qatada is one for wearing make-up, although even if he did like to go around with a bit of blush on, I don't see what the problem is.

Hugh 17-01-2012 18:50

Maybe with some manscara and guyliner....

ceedee 17-01-2012 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35364181)
Which version of human rights would sanction allowing a known terrorist to live in the country he hates and wants to harm ???

If Qatada is such a "known terrorist", I'd have expected the UK CPS, operating under the ECHR and HR Act, to have prosecuted him in the UK.
Evidently the combined forces of MI5 and MI6 cannot obtain the evidence to prove your allegation.

I'm a little surprised that there's not more speculation why no country (other than Jordan) have applied for his extradition to face (a fair) trial?

Sirius 17-01-2012 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedee (Post 35364338)

I'm a little surprised that there's not more speculation why no country (other than Jordan) have applied for his extradition to face (a fair) trial?

It simple, The free bank of England and the Liberal hand wringers are mug enough to look after him. why would anyone else want him and his baggage when the uk are so soft. We send young men to fight and die against **** like him and here we are the mugs of the world letting him stay here.

Again i say send him home and let him fester in hell

devilincarnate 17-01-2012 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35364466)
let him fester in hell

He is not coming to live with me:)