Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Virgin Media TiVo iPad app (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674543)

videodj 16-07-2012 20:33

Re: Virgin Media TiVo iPad app

I'm also using Tivo App 1.91, updated it last week. So yes this is the latest version.

My Tivo is running 15.2.1 and everything working ok.

Stephen 16-07-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantarous (Post 35453325)
I never said there wasn't I was telling the poster that he had Tivo and iPad buddy firmware numbers confused.

Although at this rate we might as well say there isn't one.

And I was saying maybe he was right ;-)

tigger2014 16-07-2012 20:38

Hi all is anyone able to put together everything needed to run the python scripts on ios, ive tried but not being a coder got a bit lost.
THanks tigger

clinteastman 17-07-2012 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantarous (Post 35453325)
I never said there wasn't I was telling the poster that he had Tivo and iPad buddy firmware numbers confused.

Although at this rate we might as well say there isn't one.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not confused!! :angel:

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

This article says nothing!!! The first comment is interesting though.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/03/08/41...o-years-later/

Sirius 17-07-2012 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by clinteastman (Post 35453421)

I cannot understand why vm are going out of there way to stop us using the us app

zantarous 17-07-2012 10:48

Quote:

I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not confused!! :angel:[COLOR="Silver"]

Care to enlighten the rest of us then? Are you a beta tester then for the VM app?

clinteastman 17-07-2012 10:50

:sleep:

Stephen 17-07-2012 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35453426)
I cannot understand why vm are going out of there way to stop us using the us app

They are?

Sirius 17-07-2012 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35453433)
They are?

I feel they are as the latest TiVo update stops the us app from working

Stephen 17-07-2012 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantarous (Post 35453431)
Care to enlighten the rest of us then? Are you a beta tester then for the VM app?

If he is then he wouldnt be able to tell you as he would have signed an NDA.

zantarous 17-07-2012 11:06

Does the new version of the Tivo stop the US app form working?

Sirius 17-07-2012 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by zantarous (Post 35453439)
Does the new version of the Tivo stop the US app form working?

So I have been told by a person on the new update. I have not had the update yet but will be well upset if it is blocked as it makes the TiVo far better to use.

zantarous 17-07-2012 11:14

Yeah its great for search but has anyone used it to control the YouTube app? The delete and space key don't do anything its really frustrating.

MarkyUK 19-07-2012 22:37

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

This article says nothing!!! The first comment is interesting though.

http://paidcontent.org/2012/03/08/41...o-years-later/

I lol'd @ "In other words, Sky has beaten Virgin to releasing an iPad app for Virgin." :p:

If the iPad app is not COMPLETELY bug free after all this testing, I will be disappointed :p:

Sirius 20-07-2012 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyUK (Post 35454468)
I lol'd @ "In other words, Sky has beaten Virgin to releasing an iPad app for Virgin." :p:

If the iPad app is not COMPLETELY bug free after all this testing, I will be disappointed :p:

I lol'd at all of it

Quote:

February 2012

On the first anniversary of TiVo’s UK relaunch, Virgin executives faced questions from curious City investment analysts: Where the heck was the app?

“We’ve got it, it works,” chief operating officer Andrew Barron said. “Ninety-nine percent of companies would have rolled it out by now – it’s stable, impressive – but we haven’t…

“We wanted to make sure … that, when it hits, it goes mass-market quite quickly and is not viewed as some flaky application for enthusiasts but is polished and doesn’t generate calls to support. It shows you our philosophy – we’re a mass-market company.”

If you say so.

Quote:

March 2012

Now, at Cable Congress 2012 in Brussels on Thursday, CEO Neil Berkett gave a revised timeline – the app will finally be out in September 2012, The Register reports.
Quote:

Tortoise and the hare

That is a phenomenally long gestation in a TV world now being disrupted by nimble new entrants, who are increasingly using rapid web development, test and release cycles to get innovative products in to the marketplace quickly, without stopping to ask questions.

The Zeebox startup managed to build an iPad TV EPG with built-in social features, contextual show pages and click-to-buy in a matter of months, earning it a partnership that effectively makes it the supplier for such technology to Virgin rival BSkyB.

One more feature Zeebox users enjoy – an integrated TV controller that works with… you guessed it… Virgin Media’s TiVo….

[/B].
Quote:

In other words, Sky has beaten Virgin to releasing an iPad app for Virgin.

TiVo is a significant leap forward from Virgin Media’s previous set-top box. But Virgin has been remarkably slow to re-skin an already-existing product, and the paucity of TV “apps” available on TiVo boxes suggests more big-company thinking than the “open platform” mantra executives have espoused on their TiVo trajectory.

The lesson here: must be more nimble
It's the app i am waiting for, Its the app that would make me dump my android phone and move to iphone to match my ipad, its the app we need now. I hope and pray that come September they don't suddenly decided it needs more development and not release it..