ntl to launch VOD to 100,000 customers over next seven days
# Jul 25, 03:06 PM by Mick
A press release from ntl today unveils that they have plans to launch Video on Demand – its next generation digital TV service – to 100,000 customers over the next seven days. As a result, the number of customers with its innovative ntl On Demand service will reach 375,000, just six months after its UK launch.
Over the next seven days, ntl Digital TV customers in Luton, Broxbourne, East and Central Herts, North and East Bedfordshire, Huddersfield and Dewsbury will be able to experience on demand TV for the first time. There’s no need to buy new equipment, arrange installation or pay an additional monthly subscription.
Video on Demand is the next step in the evolution of UK digital TV market. The service is exclusive to cable customers due to its integral high-speed fibre optic network. Satellite and terrestrial TV are unable to offer this service.
ntl On Demand offers:
- Hundreds of films available instantly including new releases for first time on TV
- Pick of the Week to catch up on favourite programmes that have been missed
- Over 50 hours of children’s programmes every week with no advertising
- A huge music video jukebox service featuring multi-platinum selling acts anytime of the day plus classic music videos
- Standard features include pause, fast-forward and rewind
Shai Weiss, Managing Director, ntl Consumer Products, said: “Cable’s network advantage means that we can offer this type of outstanding on demand TV experience. It’s exclusive to cable and the feedback from customers has been exceptional. Not only is there a great choice of what to watch, but it’s also great value. For instance, King Arthur, a recent movie premiere, was available for just 50p. Only cable offers that type of value, choice and convenience.”