Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Windows Live Messenger - 3 queries

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Windows Live Messenger - 3 queries

Old 15-06-2011, 22:40   #1
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough
Windows Live Messenger - 3 queries

I use Windows XP SP2 and Windows Live Messenger 2009 Build 14.0.8.8117.416

I have the following queries:

1. Due to people using my computer, and some old .net passports, at the sign on screen of WLM, when I pull down the sign on email box, I can see all the old user ids, how do you erase them? I Googled the problem and there are a number of solutions which did not work.

2. The email I use now fortunately sits on top of the list, may be that is why it is logging onto that account every time. If I log on with an old id down the list, the next time I log on, it is reverting to use the email address on the top of the list. So how do I get the old email to move up to the top, or to get WLM to log on with the old id?

3. I notice on my "allowed" list of contacts an email address which I do not recognise, I did not put it in, I deleted it and after a few days it came back, the email address is support.service@live.com, anybody seen this address? How do I get rid of it permanently?

Thanks
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-06-2011, 13:19   #2
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts
Re: Windows Live Messenger - 3 queries

I'm using version 2011 Build 15.4.3508.1109 but I'm sure the following applies.

1. When you look at the log-in screen, you should have a drop down box where all the e mail addresses sit; if you select the one you don't want, just above the sign in button should be a tick box for "Remember my ID and Password" and just to the right of this it says "Forget me" just click on this and that e mail address goes away.

If that isn't present on your build, suggest you upgrade

2. E mail addresses are sorted alphabetically but if you set the one you want to use to log in automatically, that should sort your problem.

3. unsure about this
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 15:38   #3
ultimate
cf.geek

ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough

Thank you Pete, I managed to do what you suggested and got rid of the unwanted log in details. Cheers
Old 27-06-2011, 20:22   #4
ultimate
cf.geek

#1 and #2 sorted !!!

I have heard from Window Live Messenger support team Re: 3
Basically, they have no idea !!!