Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)
View Poll Results: Langley or Bromley?
Upgraded in Langley (Original ntl area) 76 35.35%
Upgraded in Bromley (ex Cable & Wireless area) 46 21.40%
I'm Langley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 41 19.07%
I'm Bromley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 52 24.19%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:17   #1021
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/e...tierMigration/ <---chris1234, there already is a section for the 2/3Meg, I dont think its a case of being "ready" more like just clicking upgrade and waiting
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2005, 10:19   #1022
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234
rung C/S sed cant do nothing there sit bk and wait they will send me a letter? when its upgrading dont need to do anything to modem its automatic

ALso they puting an online checker on www.ntlworld.com to see when ur upgrade will be ready so she sed
Please stop posting in "text speak".

Or shd tht b "txt spk"!?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:20   #1023
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Or shd tht b "txt spk"!?
Nce 1 m8
Old 09-03-2005, 10:23   #1024
chris1234
Inactive

Services: 3 meg SACM.. SKY digi.. NTL unlimited 24
chris1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to chris1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It
http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/e...tierMigration/ <---chris1234, there already is a section for the 2/3Meg, I dont think its a case of being "ready" more like just clicking upgrade and waiting
thanks but that dont work

login to ntl: Broadband Internet - Connection Speed Upgrade

Unable to upgrade your connection speed We are sorry that your current package or connection speed is not appropriate for an online speed upgrade. Please call customer support on 0800 052 2000 for further assistance with changing your service level.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:26   #1025
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.

on to tech supp now cos auto reg site gave error message. guy's telling me 750k upgrade is to 1.5mb not 2mb. is that right?

mind you they can't find my cable modem....!

Old 09-03-2005, 10:30   #1026
nostra
Inactive

nostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nice

no the 750k is going to 2meg

get them to search for it via mac address
Old 09-03-2005, 10:34   #1027
andyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostra
no the 750k is going to 2meg

get them to search for it via mac address

Very nice man on tech support but there's clearly some anatomical identification problem going on at NTL (I'm think @rses/elbows) as CS said they couldn't do the upgrade and TS say they have to do the upgrade! Don't blame the people on the phones but internal comms seem to be a bit haphazard.

So..... back to CS!

Old 09-03-2005, 10:36   #1028
pop80_uk
Inactive

pop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant futurepop80_uk has a brilliant future

This might help with the Cap questions. Its from the NTL website.
based on this I need to upgrade, but I will see how I get on for a bit.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:40   #1029
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
on to tech supp now cos auto reg site gave error message. guy's telling me 750k upgrade is to 1.5mb not 2mb. is that right?
Nope, they are doing away with the 1.5meg service. A week ago, that would have been true, but doesn't apply more, so I think he should pay more attention to his company memos
Old 09-03-2005, 10:40   #1030
nostra
Inactive

nostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nicenostra is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
Very nice man on tech support but there's clearly some anatomical identification problem going on at NTL (I'm think @rses/elbows) as CS said they couldn't do the upgrade and TS say they have to do the upgrade! Don't blame the people on the phones but internal comms seem to be a bit haphazard.

So..... back to CS!
did they find your cable modem on the system in the end?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:41   #1031
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMBO
N.E Lincs Doesn't Seem To Have Been Done Yet (Any one Know When)
North East Lincs - I live there (scunny) and if you go through upgrade online as I did or call per other theads it will happen there and then. At some point it will be forced through anyhow but of you cannot wait - you know what to do !!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:44   #1032
andyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostra
did they find your cable modem on the system in the end?
CS have hopefully sorted me now so yes - need to do a reboot now. Fingers crossed!

Punky, to be fair to the fella on TS there does seem to be a lot of confusion internally. Still, all's well that ends well (I'm in an optimistic mood this morning )

Old 09-03-2005, 11:00   #1033
blenky
Inactive

Services: M+ TV, TiVo 500GB, 100 MB BB, Phone
blenky will become famous soon enoughblenky will become famous soon enoughblenky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by th'engineer
Your right no upgrade here always last us ex cwc
I'm ex C&W and upgraded yesterday!
Old 09-03-2005, 11:01   #1034
chris1234
Inactive

Services: 3 meg SACM.. SKY digi.. NTL unlimited 24
chris1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to chris1234

Does any1 know or have been upgraded in the manchester area and do u think it will come through this week or month

Cheers
Old 09-03-2005, 11:02   #1035
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

yeah I am talking Bromley, Kent area. Sorry for any confusion.
Closed Thread