Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)
View Poll Results: Langley or Bromley?
Upgraded in Langley (Original ntl area) 76 35.35%
Upgraded in Bromley (ex Cable & Wireless area) 46 21.40%
I'm Langley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 41 19.07%
I'm Bromley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 52 24.19%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 07:33   #991
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

Yay 2mbits here in basingstoke
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2005, 07:43   #992
slewis1972
Inactive

slewis1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

No upgrade in Addelstone yet.

Scott
Old 09-03-2005, 08:05   #993
Scope
Inactive

Scope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about them

Could somebody working for CS please drop me a PM? I am unable to log in to upgrade my speed. See previous postings in this thread.

edit: problem solved, I rang CS (option 5) and she upgraded it for me, no problem. Some CS reps will, others wont..
Old 09-03-2005, 08:06   #994
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope
Could somebody working for CS please drop me a PM? I am unable to log in to upgrade my speed. See previous postings in this thread.
You need to ring 0800 052 2000.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:17   #995
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToMine
I'm in Blackburn and still on 750Kbit (ex-C&W Silver STB)

Do I have to call up to get upgraded to 2Mbit or will they do it eventually without my intervention?
There will be a global update sent down automatically - I think I read someone here suggesting it will happen friday.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:50   #996
Gazzzz
Inactive

Services: NTL 10(ish)mbps SACM
Gazzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot my password (duh!) so I called CS this morning (no wait!) and asked for my password and also asked if they could upgrade my speed now. I was advised this wasn't possible and I would have to wait.

Anyway, I had my password now and went from 1.5 to 3mbps via the website in about 30 seconds
Old 09-03-2005, 08:52   #997
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It
Note, on that FAQ, it shows a lionk to how the 3GB cap works on the 1Mb, implying how if its exeeded you have the option of moving tier or paying for the bandwidth, but for the 2+3 meg it has a generic useage guideline of a gig a day, but doesnt state any consequnces of exeeding them, does this mean we're to see a continuation of the soft caps for 2/3Meg?
That's already been established, at least for the forseeable future.

I am in possession of a leaflet with the new speeds on it, for customers, and it clearly states NO CHANGE in big letters for the 2mb and 3mb services.

If I remember I'll bring it home and scan it in since it's already being distributed in public.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:58   #998
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

Back To Mine call cs and tell them you have tried to upgrade online but it wont detect your modem, they will do it there and then for you as thats what I did and I got my 3meg upgrade...make sure you have your PID number though as you need to reregister the STB again
Old 09-03-2005, 09:02   #999
Scope
Inactive

Scope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
You need to ring 0800 052 2000.
Done that, twice, they are unable to help. Thought maybe somebody from this forum would be more helpful/capable.

edit: problem solved, I rang CS (option 5) and she upgraded it for me, no problem. Some CS reps will, others wont..
Old 09-03-2005, 09:05   #1000
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope
Done that, twice, they are unable to help. Thought maybe somebody from this forum would be more helpful/capable.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:05   #1001
Tragedy
Inactive

Tragedy is an unknown quantity at this point

Upgraded through the website,750k now on 2MB@230+kbs nice one NTL.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:09   #1002
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer

Still on 750K any Bromley STBs been upgraded yet
Old 09-03-2005, 09:09   #1003
OldGeezer
Inactive

OldGeezer will become famous soon enoughOldGeezer will become famous soon enoughOldGeezer will become famous soon enough

Got my STB upgraded to 2Mb after a painless call to CS (option 5).
Re-registration of PC required.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:10   #1004
Millay
Inactive

Millay has reached the bronze age
Millay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze ageMillay has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Millay Send a message via Yahoo to Millay

Quick call to CS, and i am now zipping along at 3mbps YAY

Hurrah to helpful CS....
Old 09-03-2005, 09:11   #1005
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

I do think ntl should bottle some of this thread and keep it on a shelf in the office for use in the future.