Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)
View Poll Results: Langley or Bromley?
Upgraded in Langley (Original ntl area) 76 35.35%
Upgraded in Bromley (ex Cable & Wireless area) 46 21.40%
I'm Langley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 41 19.07%
I'm Bromley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 52 24.19%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 23:48   #946
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig
Watchdog is crap. It's a shadow of its former self. A few years ago, that recent expose on ntl would have had far reaching consequences. As it stands, hardly anyone cared. They filled it with stupid shots of Campbell massgaing his ego by doing a pointless roleplay, do they think anyone is impressed? They took three scenarios that were worthy of mention, and camped them up to the point that they had very little impact. Dumbing down again I'm afraid.

This doesn't relate specifically to ntl, EVERY case they handle is done in this way nowadays. Bring back Lynne Faulds-Wood.
*OFF TOPIC* Anne Robinson, tbh, when she was on. people took notice

*On topic* Bill C you are a God, 2 pms, 3 meg, I love you (In a totally platonic way of course )
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2005, 23:51   #947
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToMine
I'm in Blackburn and still on 750Kbit (ex-C&W Silver STB)

Do I have to call up to get upgraded to 2Mbit or will they do it eventually without my intervention?
Silver STB? Is that a Samsung? [I don't have DTV, so don't know what colour any of the STBs are!]

Have you tried the online upgrade page?

If it doesn't work, it's probably worth giving them a ring tomorrow, rather than waiting. Nothing to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToMine
I'm disappointed NTL didn't make the cap 500MB/day. 1GB is way to much.

That's the first time I've seen someone say the "cap" is too low!
Old 08-03-2005, 23:52   #948
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Does anyone know for sure if I upgrade from 750k > 2meg online that it wont affect my current pricing plan?

I have always paid £19.99 for the 600k/750k service as I was one of the people who decided to buy the cable modem rather than rent it when that option was available years ago.

Im not sure whether I should sit back and wait for the upgrade or risk it and upgrade online, and hope Ntl don't screw things up and bill me £24.99 a month.

Also what would happen to my pricing plan if I upgraded to the 3meg service? would they charge me full price and send me a new modem or would i get it at a £5 discount ?

SnoopZ
Old 08-03-2005, 23:55   #949
adamplatt
Inactive

adamplatt is an unknown quantity at this point

No upgrade here yet either unfortunately.

On the Wirral, currently on the 1.5Mb with the samsung STB.
Old 08-03-2005, 23:55   #950
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ
Does anyone know for sure if I upgrade from 750k > 2meg online that it wont affect my current pricing plan?

I have always paid £19.99 for the 600k/750k service as I was one of the people who decided to buy the cable modem rather than rent it when that option was available years ago.

Im not sure whether I should sit back and wait for the upgrade or risk it and upgrade online, and hope Ntl don't screw things up and bill me £24.99 a month.

Also what would happen to my pricing plan if I upgraded to the 3meg service? would they charge me full price and send me a new modem or would i get it at a £5 discount ?

SnoopZ

If I were you, I think I'd phone them up to check, rather than risk the online upgrade.

If you actually changed tier, & went to the 3mb service, I think that they'd probably charge you full price.
Old 08-03-2005, 23:56   #951
purenuman
Inactive

Services: SKY+ & NTL 2mb
purenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these partspurenuman is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ

SnoopZ
I would wait as it tells you online that it is £24.99 and if you agree to it I think you will end up paying that
Old 08-03-2005, 23:57   #952
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
Silver STB? Is that a Samsung? [I don't have DTV, so don't know what colour any of the STBs are!]

Have you tried the online upgrade page?

If it doesn't work, it's probably worth giving them a ring tomorrow, rather than waiting. Nothing to lose.
Any STB changes have to be done by CS as a signal is sent to the box and the customer has to then re-register using the PID and password
Old 08-03-2005, 23:59   #953
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by purenuman
I would wait as it tells you online that it is £24.99 and if you agree to it I think you will end up paying that
As far as I know...and this is not 100% confirmed, but I am pretty certain....if you stay on tier but just take the new speed you will retain any offer you already have. There would be serious legal issues otherwise, apart from anything else.

If you change tier you will lose whatever offer you currently have, which has always been the case anyway.
Old 09-03-2005, 00:00   #954
Albie
Inactive

Albie is on a distinguished roadAlbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhnewark
Woah! What a busy day!

Firstly, are you cable modem or set-top box?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
I'm on a cable modem.
Christ on a bike. Will it ever end?
Old 09-03-2005, 00:01   #955
WaryWolf
Inactive

WaryWolf is an unknown quantity at this point

i just did the online reg to 1mbit from 300k. blazin' speeds so far!
Old 09-03-2005, 00:01   #956
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

thats it, I have had it rebooting this thing to see if I have got the upgradde, well just as usual told a pack of lies.

I just don't think it is fair that nearly everyone that phoned got the upgrade, and only a couple of us got fobbed off

still sitting at 750k

ik
Old 09-03-2005, 00:04   #957
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
Christ on a bike. Will it ever end?
Are you aware that people offer help on here in their own personal time?

You've waited barely half an hour before complaining someone who responded hasn't got back to you.

They might be watching telly...or reading a book...or doing, *cough*, other things.

To be perfectly honest if that person was me and I saw this I wouldn't bother.
Old 09-03-2005, 00:05   #958
Scope
Inactive

Scope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about themScope has a spectacular aura about them

Does anybody know what to do if you get the following when trying to upgrade on their website?

Quote:
The username (XXX) entered is not the registered subscriber associated with this cable modem.Please go back and try again with your cable modem username and password. If you need further help, please contact our customer support (0800 052 2000).
The CM is connected to a router, but I have tried connecting it directly to the machine, but it didnt make a difference. I am using the correct username/password, CS has confirmed this.
Old 09-03-2005, 00:05   #959
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius
thats it, I have had it rebooting this thing to see if I have got the upgradde, well just as usual told a pack of lies.

I just don't think it is fair that nearly everyone that phoned got the upgrade, and only a couple of us got fobbed off

still sitting at 750k

ik
I'll have a word with customer services tomorrow and ask that in the interests of fairness they fob people off more consistently.

Seriously, I don't know why you've not had your upgrade through, it needs someone with systems access to check it's been done correctly.
Old 09-03-2005, 00:06   #960
Albie
Inactive

Albie is on a distinguished roadAlbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig
Are you aware that people offer help on here in their own personal time?

You've waited barely half an hour before complaining someone who responded hasn't got back to you.

They might be watching telly...or reading a book...or doing, *cough*, other things.

To be perfectly honest if that person was me and I saw this I wouldn't bother.

Admin Edit (Rich M) - No personal attacks please!
Closed Thread