Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)
View Poll Results: Langley or Bromley?
Upgraded in Langley (Original ntl area) 76 35.35%
Upgraded in Bromley (ex Cable & Wireless area) 46 21.40%
I'm Langley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 41 19.07%
I'm Bromley but I haven't yet been upgraded. 52 24.19%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 00:28   #976
philyau
Inactive

Services: Ntl BB 2mb, NTL phoneline.
philyau is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

2mb now, n blackburn bromley area.

nice one nthell!

phil
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2005, 00:34   #977
adamplatt
Inactive

adamplatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone with the STB's got the automatic upgrade?

Thanx
Old 09-03-2005, 00:37   #978
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig
If all the tier changes were on the same day then only the first and last will affect the billing.
Phew, thanks

Quote:
Anyone with the STB's got the automatic upgrade?
No, they aren't automatically happening for a while. You can phone up and request it now though, providing it has already been sorted their end.
Old 09-03-2005, 00:37   #979
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie
What a *******.
Off topic : Albie, if you have realised yet this is not a forum for flaming people, you want to curse at people, find a wall.

On topic : This upgrade, well, is going well so far, rather than announce an upgrade and make customers wait ages, they announce it quietly and get the job done, nice job, just downloaded martian gothic (415MB) from freeloader in about 22 minutes, ish, tasty.
Old 09-03-2005, 00:59   #980
adamplatt
Inactive

adamplatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
No, they aren't automatically happening for a while. You can phone up and request it now though, providing it has already been sorted their end.
Cheers, gues i'll have to try phoning them in the morning then.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:04   #981
slowcoach
Inactive

Services: VM Phone 152 Meg.
slowcoach has reached the bronze age
slowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze ageslowcoach has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It
On topic : This upgrade, well, is going well so far, rather than announce an upgrade and make customers wait ages, they announce it quietly and get the job done, nice job, just downloaded martian gothic (415MB) from freeloader in about 22 minutes, ish, tasty.
Yeh, Team NTL did a good job again, been as sweet as a nut since the upgrade, full whack and no problems.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:32   #982
nedski
Inactive

nedski is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: New Speed Upgrades 8th March. (Part 3)

Just been upgraded to 2Mb in Reading via the http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editorial/microsites/tierMigration/cablemodem.php [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] link. Thought I'd share my experiences as it didn't initially go 100% smoothly - after logging in to the upgrade system it gave an error saying it couldn't detect MAC address of the modem. I have a Terayon TeraJet. I rebooted the modem - unplugged and went to make a cuppa - then when I restarted and tried to upgrade again it worked fine. Didn't need to reboot the modem for the 2Mb to be activated, it reset itself.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,
N.

-------------

www.even-tide.net [img]Download Failed (1)[/img] - Melodic Rock with an Aftertaste
Old 09-03-2005, 01:46   #983
chris1234
Inactive

Services: 3 meg SACM.. SKY digi.. NTL unlimited 24
chris1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to chris1234

wonder where my upgrade is

manchester ---- BOLTON area

i wont say no more am scaring my self
Old 09-03-2005, 01:55   #984
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy
Im not sure if that applies to my area as anytime i have requested this im told that the broadband cannot be subscribed to on its own, ive been paying the extra £19.50 a month since i first got NTL for a phone-line and set-top box that i hardly ever use.

Ill wait till all this upgrade chaos is over and call them again.
When was the last time you phoned? I think it was just over 2 years ago that broadband was unbundled in my area.

Old 09-03-2005, 02:01   #985
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Ho Hum Fiddle De Dee ....
Upgraded on line, now it's 2meg for me

Old 09-03-2005, 02:10   #986
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem

Has anyone else noticed that clause 2 (General Use) in the latest User Policy no longer has a link to the FAQ about the 1GB limit?
http://www.home.ntl.com/page/userpolicy

This was the FAQ that mentioned exceeding the limit for 3 days or more in any 14 consecutive days.

So it looks like the way the 1GB/day is enforced, may have changed.

Old 09-03-2005, 02:14   #987
chris1234
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFS03
Has anyone else noticed that clause 2 (General Use) in the latest User Policy no longer has a link to the FAQ about the 1GB limit?
http://www.home.ntl.com/page/userpolicy

This was the FAQ that mentioned exceeding the limit for 3 days or more in any 14 consecutive days.

So it looks like the way the 1GB/day is enforced, may have changed.
u cud be on to something buddy

4. Unacceptable Behaviour

to transmit or cause to be transmitted mail bombs, chain letters or pyramid schemes. woa

BTW any1 asking wil lthere modems acept certain speeds!

i thought it was to do with ur line speed not the modem
Old 09-03-2005, 02:16   #988
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Note, on that FAQ, it shows a lionk to how the 3GB cap works on the 1Mb, implying how if its exeeded you have the option of moving tier or paying for the bandwidth, but for the 2+3 meg it has a generic useage guideline of a gig a day, but doesnt state any consequnces of exeeding them, does this mean we're to see a continuation of the soft caps for 2/3Meg?
Old 09-03-2005, 02:59   #989
Seti
Inactive

Services: Being Nice!
Seti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these partsSeti is just so famous around these parts
Send a message via ICQ to Seti Send a message via MSN to Seti

Wooo Hooo Just upgraded mine and now I am super fast and um Dizzy !!

Sian
Old 09-03-2005, 03:13   #990
chris1234
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seti
Wooo Hooo Just upgraded mine and now I am super fast and um Dizzy !!

Sian
i might try a reboot now then go bed leave it on hope for it in the morning happy u got urs mate

Rebooted modem d/s is flashing like mad and so is the u/s ummm cud be reacting if not gona ring C/s in morning am gone bed zzzzzzzzzzzz
Closed Thread