View Single Post
Old 30-11-2017, 21:08   #14
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: New EU Rules dictate chips must be cooked paler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Not necessarily, tell this to my long term best friend, who have known since I was 5, his cousin of 42, she has just been given two weeks to live, not expected to make it to Christmas for her two young children.

Saying this, my younger brothers heart stopped beating when he was 3 when he was being operated on due to bowel cancer.
Unfortunately I know that too well Mick. My son was diagnosed with testicular cancer at 17. Fortunately it's one of the most treatable cancers. He's fine, but it's been 5 years of scans, endless appointments, false alarms, that we could all have done without. It's screwed up his education more than anything.

There are cancer risks like age and genetics that we can do nothing about. But it makes sense to limit the lifestyle risks we can control, like diet, smoking, sunburn. An increasing number of people are going to get cancer in an ageing population, but not necessarily die from it. It'll soon be seen as a natural part of old age.

As for chips and the EU, I don't want to give either up
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote