View Single Post
Old 25-08-2006, 08:30   #1
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
new graphics card giving me grief

Morning all,

couple of days ago my missus' graph card died (ati 9200) so I bought a new Sapphire ati 9550. During the gap that the missus didnt have her computer to use I plugged in my X800XT.

Now what is happening is when I installed the new card yesterday I had massive problems with installing the drivers, windows did recognise the card properly and installed it but instantly the computer locked up, and had a couple of times a No display error on my monitor. What I done then was boot it in safe mode and uninstalled the ati drivers that were still on there, rebooted the machine, and installed the driver from the cd.

During the new install of the drivers I had an error coming which was on the box it said SEVERE no display adapters where found, the install of Hydravision went alright, checked device manager and the card was there as well, but in display manager there wasnt a mention of the 9550.

Rebooted machine again got to the login page and then it just hangs, rebooted again to safe mode redone the drivers, rebooted then managed to login again checked display properties and the card wasnt there :S

Details of machine:

MSI 6734 mobo
AMD XP 3000+
Sapp. ATI 9550
2x 1gb pc2700
xp home SP2 and all updates.

any1 got any ideas other then wacking in the wicked XP cd and reinstall the whole thing, as at the moment I'm kinda lost with it.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote