Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Dead tivo! Error code C130 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33699833)

pengedragon 13-01-2015 18:58

Dead tivo! Error code C130

Which means no network connectivity so no apps, on demand etc

Engineer called today while I was at work, Mrs pengedragon dealt with him but the upshot is the box has been replaced

It was 75% full so I've unexpectedly lost a lot of stuff I wanted to keep and quite a bit I haven't watched yet

To compensate me for my loss I'd like them to come back out and replace the new 500gb with a new 1tb model

Before I call them anyone know what they would normally charge for doing this so I know what to expect? Also are there any known issues between the 2 models in terms of efficiency I should be aware of?

Many thanks for any advice received

Stephen 13-01-2015 21:49

Re: Dead tivo! Error code C130

I don't see why they would do this. Its a like for like replacement.

They can't help if you have stuff recorded that you haven't watched and there for lost.

RichardCoulter 13-01-2015 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pengedragon (Post 35752441)
Which means no network connectivity so no apps, on demand etc

Engineer called today while I was at work, Mrs pengedragon dealt with him but the upshot is the box has been replaced

It was 75% full so I've unexpectedly lost a lot of stuff I wanted to keep and quite a bit I haven't watched yet

To compensate me for my loss I'd like them to come back out and replace the new 500gb with a new 1tb model

Before I call them anyone know what they would normally charge for doing this so I know what to expect? Also are there any known issues between the 2 models in terms of efficiency I should be aware of?

Many thanks for any advice received

I can't answer your question, but I do agree with you that you deserve some form of compensation for the loss and inconvenience caused. Ongoing goodwill is an essential part of customer retention and is cost effective in the long run.

mhatter67 13-01-2015 22:03

My TIVo hard drive died and it was replaced like for like, they will compensate for loss of service but not for lost of recordings surely!

spiderplant 13-01-2015 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pengedragon (Post 35752441)
Also are there any known issues between the 2 models in terms of efficiency I should be aware of?

I can answer this bit. There is no difference.

andy_m 14-01-2015 06:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35752486)
I don't see why they would do this. Its a like for like replacement.

They can't help if you have stuff recorded that you haven't watched and there for lost.

You pay for a service which includes the ability to time shift your viewing. Virgin's faulty equipment has prevented him from doing this. It's quite simple, and the case is clear. As long as the op states it calmly and politely then he has every right to expect some form of compensation.

RichardCoulter 14-01-2015 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35752507)
You pay for a service which includes the ability to time shift your viewing. Virgin's faulty equipment has prevented him from doing this. It's quite simple, and the case is clear. As long as the op states it calmly and politely then he has every right to expect some form of compensation.

If VM refuse, for whatever reason, the OP has a choice of other providers. If retentions are contacted and reminded of this, i'm sure they will be accommodating.

MutleyF 14-01-2015 07:49

Totally disagree.
The service was broken - and repaired. it would be like me trying to get compensation from Western Digital because the hard drive on my PC broke losing all my stuff.

Agree we pay top dollar for the service, but short of replacing the equipment, I really cant see what more they can do.

(Or is it that maybe I am too gentle with my approach to life?)

nomadking 14-01-2015 08:35

Others seem to have error code C133 at the moment.
Service status for Northampton and maybe further afield.
Quote:

There is a fault disruption.
You might find that you do not have any Virgin Broadband, Virgin TV, TiVoŽ or Interactive TV services at the moment.
Fault Reported on :
07:53AM Wednesday 14 January
We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.
Fault reference:
F003491730

Estimated Fix time :
10:45AM
Wednesday 14 January
My broadband seems ok, but the Tivo has those problems.

paultrademark 14-01-2015 08:56

Sooner the better for cloud stored recordings.

pengedragon 14-01-2015 09:04

Had the fault for about a week, broadband was not affected

Thanks for some interesting replies so far, I'll give them a call tonight expressing my disappointment

heero_yuy 14-01-2015 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by paultrademark (Post 35752527)
Sooner the better for cloud stored recordings.

Better to be able to move your TIVO recordings by Ethernet to NAS or PC. Cloud is not a panacea.;)

spanna 14-01-2015 09:14

I had C130 a couple of days ago

Reported fault and they just rebooted the box and it cleared up

Is this the sign of something more serious?

nomadking 14-01-2015 09:57

I was ok until I did a reboot as the Tivo was acting up. Then is when I got error C133. Could it be only affecting Tivo starting up, ie new installs and reboots?

andy_m 14-01-2015 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutleyF (Post 35752517)
Totally disagree.
The service was broken - and repaired. it would be like me trying to get compensation from Western Digital because the hard drive on my PC broke losing all my stuff.

Agree we pay top dollar for the service, but short of replacing the equipment, I really cant see what more they can do.

(Or is it that maybe I am too gentle with my approach to life?)

You owning a hard drive for a one off payment to be used by you in whichever way you see fit is obviously very different from being provided with a TiVo which you don't own to be used for a specific purpose for which you pay a monthly subscription.