Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June Price Rises?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

June Price Rises?

Old 24-03-2006, 11:13   #1
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one
June Price Rises?

From http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...734#post712734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
But this is the company that is apparently dropping their MPEG 4 HDTV Box in favour of MPEG 2.....

What's next-more price rises in the next few months?

[Edit]-Just to clarify: Both of those point I have mentioned above are things that I have been informed will be happening.

They have not been confirmed by ntl yet, but they would appear to be as close to fact as you can get at the moment.

Also-if people want to discuss those two things, can you start a new thread as this one is about the 0845/0870 charges to call ntl?

MPEG 4 dropping & June price rises-you heard it here 1st.
Given we already have another thread discussing the MPEG4 being dropped:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...80#post=710980

I would be interested in discussing any rumours on these price rises in June.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2006, 11:30   #2
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: June Price Rises?

From what I gather....

1) Cheap calls to the USA being removed.

2) £4 non DD charge per account.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 11:33   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

what was the old non DD charge £2?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 11:39   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Given how many non-DD customers I know, if they increase each one by only £2 then they'll be raking it in lol.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 11:44   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: June Price Rises

Quote:
I wonder if this will include the reduced rates with the international call plan or be used as an opportunity to upsell customers to plans with the ICP included (if they even do that anymore)

Quote:
What is the Sky non-DD charge? I seem to remember it was £4.00 but can't find it on their website anywhere.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 11:49   #6
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
From what I gather....

Thanks!

If they are the only changes it will not make any difference to me!
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 15:35   #7
UncleBooBoo

Is it just me or is there way to many price increases going on lately????
Old 24-03-2006, 17:27   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Also peak/off peak call time is changing Peak rate is going to be 6am till 6pm instead of the current 8am till 6pm. So if you want to make a few cheap calls before heading to work you will need to get up earlier.

Also the international call plan is dropping from £2 a month to £1.50, telephone line rental will be going up by 50p.
Old 24-03-2006, 22:58   #9
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

price rises alongside drops in service.

merger bigger company, normal behaviour for a dominant company people, ntl probably feel invincable now.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 01:19   #10
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
Also peak/off peak call time is changing Peak rate is going to be 6am till 6pm instead of the current 8am till 6pm. So if you want to make a few cheap calls before heading to work you will need to get up earlier.

Also the international call plan is dropping from £2 a month to £1.50, telephone line rental will be going up by 50p.
I'm confused again.Line Rental? I thought the phone was free with DTV.
Old 25-03-2006, 07:56   #11
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I'm confused again.Line Rental? I thought the phone was free with DTV.
No No No No No-Phone line rental is not free with ntl DTV.

You pay £10.50 over the price of the TV package & they 'include' line rental, they don't sell it without the phone as if they did no one would take it as it's completely inferior to BT's in pretty much every way.

It's been a bone of contention for years, if you look at the prices on their website it shows (for example) £19.50* , then at the bottom it says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntl
*Price excludes £10.50 phone line rental which you must take with your TV Pack
Old 25-03-2006, 16:20   #12
mob227
Inactive

Services: Technomate tm-1500ci sat, dreambox sat, pace 810 HD sat , Topfield, channel master 1.2 & 1.8m dish's
mob227 is on a distinguished roadmob227 is on a distinguished road

Sky charge a £4 non dd fee and can any one confirm that ntl is going to charge £4 for non DD aswell

I pay my bill by DD but some people can not pay by dd as they dont have a bank account or just dont like DIRECT DEBIT i think the £4 non dd fee is a money make scam and ntl have clicked on to what sky are doing so are going to scam people aswell come on fair enuf if it was a £1 non DD fee but £4 is a p*ss take

That is my view on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
I wonder if this will include the reduced rates with the international call plan or be used as an opportunity to upsell customers to plans with the ICP included (if they even do that anymore)

What is the Sky non-DD charge? I seem to remember it was £4.00 but can't find it on their website anywhere.
mob227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 16:35   #13
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob227
Sky charge a £4 non dd fee and can any one confirm that ntl is going to charge £4 for non DD aswell

I pay my bill by DD but some people can not pay by dd as they dont have a bank account or just dont like DIRECT DEBIT i think the £4 non dd fee is a money make scam and ntl have clicked on to what sky are doing so are going to scam people aswell come on fair enuf if it was a £1 non DD fee but £4 is a p*ss take

That is my view on it
Yes NTLs non-DD charge will be changing to £4. I am guessing it is to try and persuade more people to switch to DD. Its the best way to pay bills. All my Bills are paid by DD. Takes the hassle out of remembering to pay them.
Old 25-03-2006, 16:50   #14
UncleBooBoo

BT only charge an extra £1 for non payment by DD

I choose not to pay via DD where NTL are concerned due to all the incorrect billing errors etc that I get every month! (Well the last 5 months in a row anyway!)

I quit my phone & TV package & NTL have now given me good reason to quit my broadband to!
Old 25-03-2006, 18:18   #15
Neil
Inactive

Well-I've just had some very interesting info passed to me regarding these price rises....

I'm in the process of verifying it now (no offence to the 'passer' if you're reading this-you know I trust you )

I'll update you ASAP, but if it is true then it isn't good news.