Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changing a bulb on a ford focus cmax

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Changing a bulb on a ford focus cmax

Old 07-03-2006, 20:33   #1
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of
Angry Changing a bulb on a ford focus cmax

Changing a bulb on a ford focus cmax 04

I changed the main headlamp bulb fairly easily the other week on the drivers side, but now the passenger (nearside) one has blown too. It seems that you have to dismantle the entire car to get at it Am I looking at it wrong? has anybody managed to change one of these b*ggers?
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 21:04   #2
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Re: Changing a bulb on a ford focus cmax

Well I tried to change a headlight bulb on my Ka - I've done the rear brake light bulbs before with no problems, but these...........well I had to give in eventually and do the only sensible thing - let the nice young lad at Halfords do it for me!
Good luck with yours!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 21:24   #3
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

on my mondeo I have to take off the front grille and dismount the entire headlight unit to replace the bulb. Now I know how to do it all, it only takes a couple of minutes, but the first time I was a little worried!!! I replaced all the lighting clusters on my car now though, front and rear. don't be scared of pulling it apart....
Old 07-03-2006, 21:26   #4
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Well I tried to change a headlight bulb on my Ka!
dont you mean candles
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 21:47   #5
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera
Well I tried to change a headlight bulb on my Ka!
dont you mean candles
I'm sure they would be brighter!
Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 13:59   #6
Tuftus

Halfords is the best bet, let them sweat over it for I think an extra couple of quid on the cost of the bulb!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 14:13   #7
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of

done it now

you have to sort of press two plastic bars down at the bottom at the back and they clip back in when you want to reattatch it
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 18:58   #8
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

You ought to try changing a Headlight Bulb in A 51 plate Renault Clio!!!!!!!!! got to take the bumper off and take the Headlight out if the car has Air-Con!!!!!!! Mind you, I do have big hands!
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 21:46   #9
Tuftus

Cit Xsara LHS you have to almost completely remove the ECU... Scary Stuff ala will it won't it start again....

Old 08-12-2008, 19:46   #10
Harry Cook
Inactive

Harry Cook is an unknown quantity at this point

At the risk of being flippant the user manual is very clear on this and it is not difficult.
1. Remove the Torx screw in the light assembly with a screwdriver.
2. Press down the two snaphooks at the back of the assembly using a long screwdriver to release.
3. Carefully pull out the assembly and change whichever bulb is required.
4. Install in reverse order.

Regards

H Cook
Harry Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 19:49   #11
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Given that the thread's over two years old I would hope the OP has it sorted by now

to Cable Forum by the way
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:33   #12
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver_problems View Post
Changing a bulb on a ford focus cmax 04

I changed the main headlamp bulb fairly easily the other week on the drivers side, but now the passenger (nearside) one has blown too. It seems that you have to dismantle the entire car to get at it Am I looking at it wrong? has anybody managed to change one of these b*ggers?
You need to take the headlight out mate, it's the same with the Mondeo when a side light goes we have to take out headlights out.

Sorry didn't see the date.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:39   #13
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Seriusly, the OP was in 2006 - anybody else think it unlikely that the OP is still struggling with this?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:44   #14
roadwolf
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL package
roadwolf is on a distinguished roadroadwolf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
Seriusly, the OP was in 2006 - anybody else think it unlikely that the OP is still struggling with this?
He also posted that he had done it, don't you people read all the posts before replying.
roadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:06   #15
PaulGrout
Inactive

PaulGrout is an unknown quantity at this point

How do I change a bulb in the rear cluster on a Ford Focus Cmax 2004 1.8 Zetec?
PaulGrout is offline   Reply With Quote