Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Keep losing connection - please help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Keep losing connection - please help

Old 15-03-2006, 13:29   #31
Mystical
Inactive

Services: Sky TV VM 20Mbit BB VM Telephone
Mystical is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Keep losing connection - please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgurluk
Hi mystical, im in IG10 and had exactly the same problem you been saying about. It was fixed by them replacing the compenents i said before in the green cabinet. I have been without one cut off since they did it. I only got that done though when they they said they upgraded it from normal engineers to network engineers. Hope you get it all sorted anyway i know how annoying it is, good luck!
Many thanks for the reply cjgurluk

I see you mention it was a network engineer who fixed the problem in the cabinet.. I'm pretty sure ntl have not said anything to me about a network engineer so keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

But it does look promising since you had the exact same problems and got them fixed. Going to show them the log file from the modem tomorrow, and this thread
Mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2006, 13:36   #32
cjgurluk
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital VM BB
cjgurluk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
Many thanks for the reply cjgurluk

I see you mention it was a network engineer who fixed the problem in the cabinet.. I'm pretty sure ntl have not said anything to me about a network engineer so keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

But it does look promising since you had the exact same problems and got them fixed. Going to show them the log file from the modem tomorrow, and this thread
Thats okay, i thought id say what happened with mine coz i was so annoyed with it at the time and didnt get much info about how to fix it. They kept sending engineers to us who replaced just about everything bar the kitchen sink, and we still had it cutting off every few mins. Upon threatening to leave if they didnt fix it they said they had eliminated any problem with our equipment and it was a network fault, and they changed the bits in the green cabinet. I also found out since then a lady 7 doors up from us had the same problems, and hers is fixed now too. Ours was identical to what you have, even with the power level jumping to 60 odd when it cuts out and identical T3 time outs. Good luck!!
cjgurluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 14:13   #33
Mystical
Inactive

Thanks cjgurluk, this will all help me prove to ntl it is their network equipment at fault
Old 17-03-2006, 21:10   #34
Mystical
Inactive

Time for an update, after having no internet for 1 1/2 days

Had engineer visit on 16/03/06: Engineer simply came out, knew about my problems since I've had him once before. I told him about this thread and the identical problems experienced and he said he would contact faults to get a network engineer out to replace the parts in the cabinet.

17/03/06: Not knowing whether he had done this or not, I called ntl first thing in the morning and told them about this (UK call centre). TS said that he did not raise a call but put the notes on file. With this information TS booked a network engineer for tomorrow (sat) morning.

17/03/06 (1pm): ntl called me on my mobile and told me about the problems in the cabinet and said a network engineer had replaced the faulty parts and asked me if my internet was ok now. (was not at home so said to call back 7pm)

17/03/06 (7pm - 7.45pm) - no call

17/03/06 (7.45pm) - called TS and said that the internet was now working fine and to cancel network engineer but leave notes incase it breaks again.

As long as the information I received was correct about the faulty parts being replaced, looks like my internet is back to normal

Took 3 weeks to sort out and I hope it remains fixed!

Got 3 months half price due to all the hassle too

Also, many thanks cjgurluk
Old 17-03-2006, 23:27   #35
cjgurluk
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital VM BB
cjgurluk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical
Time for an update, after having no internet for 1 1/2 days

Had engineer visit on 16/03/06: Engineer simply came out, knew about my problems since I've had him once before. I told him about this thread and the identical problems experienced and he said he would contact faults to get a network engineer out to replace the parts in the cabinet.

17/03/06: Not knowing whether he had done this or not, I called ntl first thing in the morning and told them about this (UK call centre). TS said that he did not raise a call but put the notes on file. With this information TS booked a network engineer for tomorrow (sat) morning.

17/03/06 (1pm): ntl called me on my mobile and told me about the problems in the cabinet and said a network engineer had replaced the faulty parts and asked me if my internet was ok now. (was not at home so said to call back 7pm)

17/03/06 (7pm - 7.45pm) - no call

17/03/06 (7.45pm) - called TS and said that the internet was now working fine and to cancel network engineer but leave notes incase it breaks again.

As long as the information I received was correct about the faulty parts being replaced, looks like my internet is back to normal

Took 3 weeks to sort out and I hope it remains fixed!

Got 3 months half price due to all the hassle too

Also, many thanks cjgurluk
Hi there Mystical, you're very welcome, great news you seem to have it sorted out now. It also took me about 3 weeks to get it fixed.

Good to hear you got a price cut too, i didnt get anything!! apart from high blood pressure and phone bill!
cjgurluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 20:33   #36
darrencftse
Inactive

darrencftse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Im having the same problem of the ready light flashing and losing connection, i was wondering has your connection been ok since the faulty parts been replaced, this will give me something to work with when i give NTL a call regarding the problem, and hopefully a simple problem won't take too long to fix.

Darren
darrencftse is offline   Reply With Quote