Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

Old 23-12-2005, 20:54   #1
heyyo
Inactive

heyyo is an unknown quantity at this point
how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

i contacted inland revenue who said i need to speak to my payroll department, they insisted everything is fine...

i get paid weekly - when i fill in my hours. For example i filled in the last four weeks and got paid for the weeks on one pay slip....

my income tax is over £300.00 and national insurance over £120.00
isn't that too much, total deduction was 552.44 (also including my student loan deduction)

can anyone advise...
thanx
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2005, 21:07   #2
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyo
i contacted inland revenue who said i need to speak to my payroll department, they insisted everything is fine...

i get paid weekly - when i fill in my hours. For example i filled in the last four weeks and got paid for the weeks on one pay slip....

my income tax is over £300.00 and national insurance over £120.00
isn't that too much, total deduction was 552.44 (also including my student loan deduction)

can anyone advise...
thanx
Please can we swap, I would love those deductions.

I would firstly check you have the correct tax code, then deduct your tax code from your annual salary. (If your tax code is 364L for example you deduct 3640 from your salary)

The tax code amount is free from any deductions, the rest is taxed. As a general rule of thumb you could divide your salary by 3 and then multiply by 2 to give you an idea of what you should be getting. I use that myself as a rough guide, and it gives you an idea what you should get after tax and NI deductions.
Old 23-12-2005, 21:17   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

It would help if you revealed what the gross pay is.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2005, 21:18   #4
homealone

use this to check

http://www.listentotaxman.com/

Old 23-12-2005, 21:20   #5
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Perhaps you are on 'emergency tax'?
Old 24-12-2005, 00:03   #6
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
Yes, this!

You can enter your yearly, monthly or weekly pay and your tax code, and it will work out the income tax and national insurance contributions you should be paying.
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote