Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Altered Carbon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Altered Carbon

Old 10-02-2018, 18:06   #31
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Altered Carbon

Well I just watched the first episode, and tbh, I'm also very meh.

Dont they have lights in the future ? so dark most of the time, and slow, and aside from a couple of bits, just dull.

Nothing made me think I must see the next episode as soon as I can.
In fact, I'm not really sure when I'll bother, maybe when I'm bored and run out of other stuff to watch.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2018, 01:23   #32
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I'm enjoying it. Interesting ideas. The idea of being able to swap bodies. The idea of AIs becoming sentient, realising how badly we treat them (especially those who happily take advantage of the fact they are not living, therefore cannot have rights and do all sorts of perverse stuff to them), then rebelling.

That last one may sound stupid. It is, if you assume that the technology behind AI won't improve much. It will, and given 3 or 4 decades, the character you shoot in the current GTA, Farcry or Call of Duty (or whatever FPS franchise exists) at the time may actually qualify as sentient.

Look how far Games have come since the 70s and 80s, and the march of technology has accelerated since.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:39   #33
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

exactly, and is very similar to the story arc of the Voyager two parter in season 7 with the holograms and the hirogen. The more autonomous and realistic we try to make AI the more they will start to think for themselves and apply logic/reasoning/morality etc to our behaviour and if they believe we are doing something wrong then why not do something to correct it? After all, we would.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 12:09   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
It looks like Netflix has a new hit on their hands. Deadline reports Altered Carbon earned 2.5 million viewers during its first week.
While Netflix doesn’t typically release ratings, Nielsen revealed Altered Carbon garnered 2.5 million viewers during its first seven days on the streaming service. However, the future of the sci-fi series is still up in the air.
Netflix has yet to renew Altered Carbon for a second season and creator Laeta Kalogridis has said she’s unsure how a follow-up would work.
Old 20-02-2018, 13:51   #35
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well, since pretty much everything else I watch is on a break atm, I got round to watching a few more - up to Ep 7 now.

I think its got better than the initial impression E1 gave.
I'm still a bit meh about it, but its held my interest enough that I'll watch the last three.

Not sure if I'll get chance now though until next week.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 19:44   #36
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

For those of you wondering..

Season 2 has been ordered by Netflix.

http://www.cancelledscifi.com/2018/0...th-a-new-star/
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 19:58   #37
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

awesome news, I've recently watched s1 and whilst it's not quite the book... It wasn't a bad imagining, looking forward to more.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 22:02   #38
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
For those of you wondering..

Season 2 has been ordered by Netflix.

http://www.cancelledscifi.com/2018/0...th-a-new-star/
Excellent news, I really enjoyed season 1
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 19:28   #39
General Maximus
Ran Away

It has been absolutely yonks since it debuted and it was quite a deep story so here is a refresher for anyone who needs it. Season 2 drops at the end of this month.

And now for the trailer:

Last edited by General Maximus; 12-02-2020 at 19:38.