Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | People on Carers Allowance to be studied more closely.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

People on Carers Allowance to be studied more closely.

Old 27-08-2016, 19:52   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
People on Carers Allowance to be studied more closely.

Those in receipt of Carers Allowance for looking after an ill or disabled person are to be called in to take part in a discussion of up to 12 people.

Their body language and facial expressions will be studied behind 2 way mirrors.

This is the company who have been awarded the contract:

http://www.thetalkingshop.co.uk/studios/

If you are called in to one of these meetings I advise you to seek Independent advice.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2016, 20:01   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: People on Carers Allowance to be studied more closely.

If I was called into one of these meetings I wouldn't go. Full stop.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 21:07   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Those in receipt of Carers Allowance for looking after an ill or disabled person are to be called in to take part in a discussion of up to 12 people.

Their body language and facial expressions will be studied behind 2 way mirrors.

This is the company who have been awarded the contract:

http://www.thetalkingshop.co.uk/studios/

If you are called in to one of these meetings I advise you to seek Independent advice.
Link ??
Old 27-08-2016, 22:35   #4
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Just a bit of user research. Nothing to get worked up about.
Quote:
  • RT @RobYates2010: Getting ready for a day of User Research @TalkingShopMCR to research the @carersDWP self-employment journey. pic.twitter.com/znGWXaFBCv
    30th June 2016 9:43 am
Rob Yates ‏@RobYates2010 Aug 17 Useful day of user research for @carersDWP at Liverpool Central Library with @lammokirkham & others. Great building
On my way to Manchester to do some user research sessions around the carers allowance self-employment journey

Business Analyst at DWP, mainly doing User Research work. Views are my own
So there's been one meeting at Liverpool Central Library and another one in Manchester. Seems to be an ongoing project to get opinions and feedback. The Twitter comments on the meetings are from a DWP employee, Rob Yates. Surveys are done all the time.
Quote:
Rob Yates ‏@RobYates2010 May 25 The @carersDWP User Research @TalkingShopMCR going well so far. Some great insights already around breaks in care.

Last edited by nomadking; 27-08-2016 at 22:49.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 22:59   #5
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Nice bit of scaremongering Richard.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 23:35   #6
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Yup the usual uninformed bolleaux from the op
Old 28-08-2016, 06:57   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A utter waste of a thread IMO....
Old 28-08-2016, 09:31   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post

I had a feeling it would be like the Asda thread
Old 28-08-2016, 09:44   #9
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

All it took from me, was clicking the "Home" tab of the original link, go to the bottom of the page and then click on the Twitter link of "RobYates2010".
Old 28-08-2016, 10:12   #10
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Ah right so the OP's premise...

Quote:
Those in receipt of Carers Allowance for looking after an ill or disabled person are to be called in...
... isn't wholly accurate then.

I wonder how many already desperate carers have their daily anxiety levels unnecessarily raised by stuff like this? Why would anyone want to post this sort of stuff?

Last edited by Osem; 28-08-2016 at 10:16.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 10:33   #11
martyh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Ah right so the OP's premise...

... isn't wholly accurate then.

I wonder how many already desperate carers have their daily anxiety levels unnecessarily raised by stuff like this? Why would anyone want to post this sort of stuff?
It's a cynical attempt to scaremonger
Old 28-08-2016, 10:40   #12
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

I was my wifes carer for years until she sadly passed away and I used to get a letter once a year to go into the job centre and have a chat with them. They were actually quite good and made sure that I was getting everything that I was entitled to and put me in touch with local groups that could help out including getting some respite now and then.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 10:43   #13
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
I was my wifes carer for years until she sadly passed away and I used to get a letter once a year to go into the job centre and have a chat with them. They were actually quite good and made sure that I was getting everything that I was entitled to and put me in touch with local groups that could help out including getting some respite now and then.

It's a pity stuff like this isn't publicised more but then that'd only show that the system isn't entirely geared up towards demonising and humiliating claimants.

We all know that life is getting tougher but there really is no need to sensationalise and exaggerate to make the point.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 10:45   #14
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Sounds like it's trying to get feedback of a more general nature.
Eg
Quote:
user research sessions around the carers allowance self-employment journey

Some great insights already around breaks in care.
Old 28-08-2016, 11:15   #15
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Must be the first thread I've ever read where I agree with every reply . I can't comment on the OP as he'll throw a hissy and I'm too busy this coming week to deal with all the emails.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote