Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dead tivo! Error code C130

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dead tivo! Error code C130

Old 13-01-2015, 18:58   #1
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice
Dead tivo! Error code C130

Which means no network connectivity so no apps, on demand etc

Engineer called today while I was at work, Mrs pengedragon dealt with him but the upshot is the box has been replaced

It was 75% full so I've unexpectedly lost a lot of stuff I wanted to keep and quite a bit I haven't watched yet

To compensate me for my loss I'd like them to come back out and replace the new 500gb with a new 1tb model

Before I call them anyone know what they would normally charge for doing this so I know what to expect? Also are there any known issues between the 2 models in terms of efficiency I should be aware of?

Many thanks for any advice received
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2015, 21:49   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Dead tivo! Error code C130

I don't see why they would do this. Its a like for like replacement.

They can't help if you have stuff recorded that you haven't watched and there for lost.
Old 13-01-2015, 22:02   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
Which means no network connectivity so no apps, on demand etc

Engineer called today while I was at work, Mrs pengedragon dealt with him but the upshot is the box has been replaced

It was 75% full so I've unexpectedly lost a lot of stuff I wanted to keep and quite a bit I haven't watched yet

To compensate me for my loss I'd like them to come back out and replace the new 500gb with a new 1tb model

Before I call them anyone know what they would normally charge for doing this so I know what to expect? Also are there any known issues between the 2 models in terms of efficiency I should be aware of?

Many thanks for any advice received
I can't answer your question, but I do agree with you that you deserve some form of compensation for the loss and inconvenience caused. Ongoing goodwill is an essential part of customer retention and is cost effective in the long run.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2015, 22:03   #4
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

My TIVo hard drive died and it was replaced like for like, they will compensate for loss of service but not for lost of recordings surely!
Old 13-01-2015, 22:48   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
Also are there any known issues between the 2 models in terms of efficiency I should be aware of?
I can answer this bit. There is no difference.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 06:25   #6
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't see why they would do this. Its a like for like replacement.

They can't help if you have stuff recorded that you haven't watched and there for lost.
You pay for a service which includes the ability to time shift your viewing. Virgin's faulty equipment has prevented him from doing this. It's quite simple, and the case is clear. As long as the op states it calmly and politely then he has every right to expect some form of compensation.
Old 14-01-2015, 07:47   #7
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
You pay for a service which includes the ability to time shift your viewing. Virgin's faulty equipment has prevented him from doing this. It's quite simple, and the case is clear. As long as the op states it calmly and politely then he has every right to expect some form of compensation.
If VM refuse, for whatever reason, the OP has a choice of other providers. If retentions are contacted and reminded of this, i'm sure they will be accommodating.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 07:49   #8
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Totally disagree.
The service was broken - and repaired. it would be like me trying to get compensation from Western Digital because the hard drive on my PC broke losing all my stuff.

Agree we pay top dollar for the service, but short of replacing the equipment, I really cant see what more they can do.

(Or is it that maybe I am too gentle with my approach to life?)
MutleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 08:35   #9
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Others seem to have error code C133 at the moment.
Service status for Northampton and maybe further afield.
Quote:
There is a fault disruption.
You might find that you do not have any Virgin Broadband, Virgin TV, TiVoŽ or Interactive TV services at the moment.
Fault Reported on :
07:53AM Wednesday 14 January
We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.
Fault reference:
F003491730

Estimated Fix time :
10:45AM
Wednesday 14 January
My broadband seems ok, but the Tivo has those problems.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 08:56   #10
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Sooner the better for cloud stored recordings.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 09:04   #11
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Had the fault for about a week, broadband was not affected

Thanks for some interesting replies so far, I'll give them a call tonight expressing my disappointment
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 09:09   #12
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Sooner the better for cloud stored recordings.
Better to be able to move your TIVO recordings by Ethernet to NAS or PC. Cloud is not a panacea.
Old 14-01-2015, 09:14   #13
spanna
Old Fart

spanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the roughspanna is a jewel in the rough

I had C130 a couple of days ago

Reported fault and they just rebooted the box and it cleared up

Is this the sign of something more serious?
spanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 09:57   #14
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

I was ok until I did a reboot as the Tivo was acting up. Then is when I got error C133. Could it be only affecting Tivo starting up, ie new installs and reboots?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2015, 10:28   #15
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
Totally disagree.
The service was broken - and repaired. it would be like me trying to get compensation from Western Digital because the hard drive on my PC broke losing all my stuff.

Agree we pay top dollar for the service, but short of replacing the equipment, I really cant see what more they can do.

(Or is it that maybe I am too gentle with my approach to life?)
You owning a hard drive for a one off payment to be used by you in whichever way you see fit is obviously very different from being provided with a TiVo which you don't own to be used for a specific purpose for which you pay a monthly subscription.