Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Error 800 trying to connect to VPN

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Error 800 trying to connect to VPN

Old 02-07-2013, 13:37   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Error 800 trying to connect to VPN

I am using Windows 7 Pro x64 and when i attempt to connect to any VPN it gives me an error 800.

I Have looked on different forums and it says firwall is blocking it, now i have checked firewall settings and all seems fine, anyone shed any other light on this?
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 18:37   #2
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: Error 800 trying to connect to VPN

What VPN client are you using?

Have you tried it with the firewall totally disabled on your PC?
Old 02-07-2013, 20:26   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

im trying justfreeVPN at the moment just to see if i can get a VPN working before i go with a paid one.

I have disabled the firewall on the hub and on Kaspersky and same error.
Old 02-07-2013, 21:45   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Have you told your router to forward port 1723 to the local ip address of the pc you are trying the vpn software on?

Putting your PC in the DMZ is another option but not recommended for security reasons.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 23:01   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

tried both what u said and i followed this on their FAQ page also and still the same..

http://www.justfreevpn.com/pptp-vpn-faq/
Old 03-07-2013, 00:13   #6
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Not sure to be honest. As they use their own Software its not easy to see what is going on.

You can try VPNgate which is free but works in a different way. Google it, its free.

Personally I use proxy.sh and they have a brilliant little client that makes everything simple. Not sure if they have trial accounts or not though. Can full recommend them though due to how easy their software is, the amount of exit noes in many countries they have as well as tons of payment options, some of them completely anonymous. They also don't log anything.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote