Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T4 Timeout causes router to drop connection until restart

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

T4 Timeout causes router to drop connection until restart

Old 02-12-2011, 20:29   #1
Mir
Inactive

Mir is an unknown quantity at this point
T4 Timeout causes router to drop connection until restart

I've had my Virgin connection for around 15 months now, and for the last 6 months of so I've had a strange issue which is progressively getting worse as time has gone on.

My connection is generally very stable. I had 50meg for the first year or so, then have had 100meg for the last 2 months. I've been using the DLink DIR615 as a router and the old virgin modem as a modem (VGM300?). Occasionally, there will be a T4 Timeout, and the connection will drop briefly followed by the modem reconnecting. At this point, the router will drop the connection, then it will remain dropped. I'm unable to access the modem web interface or the internet until I restart the router. The interface on the router even says the connection is online, it just won't share the connection. As soon as the router is restarted, it will share the connection over the network again and I can access the web interface of the modem (modem remains on the entire time untouched). This used to happen once a month or so, now it happens multiple times a week. When I'm at home and can restart the router, that's fine, but its quite annoying when I'm trying to access my home network from work and it's down.

I flashed the firmware of the router to the DD-WRT firmware to see if it helped, but the same occurs which leads me to think it's a hardware issue.

I don't mind buying a new router to replace the DLink one, but I want to be a little more certain it will solve the problem before I buy anything. Has anyone come across similar problems and/or has any suggestions for a solution?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement