Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | blue screen V+box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

blue screen V+box

Old 09-11-2011, 10:32   #1
TonyJ
Inactive

TonyJ is an unknown quantity at this point
blue screen V+box

Hi,
I have had virgin media for some time now, the problem I have is with the V+box, several times a week when you are settled watching a program the screen suddenly goes blue and I have to switch off at the socket and wait a minute , switch the power back on and wait for the box to reset itself, this can take up to five minutes, I have had the engineer out, and he says its the box and fits a new one (I am on my third now) I have decided the best course of action is to wait to the end of my contract and change to a new supplier.
TonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: blue screen V+box

How is the box connected?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:38   #3
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJ View Post
Hi,
I have had virgin media for some time now, the problem I have is with the V+box, several times a week when you are settled watching a program the screen suddenly goes blue and I have to switch off at the socket and wait a minute , switch the power back on and wait for the box to reset itself, this can take up to five minutes, I have had the engineer out, and he says its the box and fits a new one (I am on my third now) I have decided the best course of action is to wait to the end of my contract and change to a new supplier.
3 boxs are unlikely to all have the exact same fault. Have you got anything else you can connect to the tv to make sure it isn't the tv?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 14:28   #4
Jameseh

Sounds like an HDCP issue.
Old 09-11-2011, 15:10   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

This is probably nothing to do with your problem Tony but I had a blue screen fault earlier this year and, as rebooting the V+ sorted it out, I assumed it was a V+ problem.

We ended up disconnecting the V+ and using the TV's built in Freeveiw. When we still got a Blue screen we realised it was the TV's fault. We had originally set the TV to accept an automatic connection through the HDMI 1 socket and only switch to an alternative input if I switched on our Video player or connected up our sons games player but it was switching to the old TV(analogue) input on its own. Rebooting the V+ was just making the TV switch to the "new" HDMI connection. Apparently the TV had developed a problem on it circuit board.
Old 10-11-2011, 15:48   #6
dontpannic
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Pack (20MEG!!) Free to air Digital Satellite Freeview
dontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to dontpannic

Definitely sounds like a TV issue.
dontpannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 19:09   #7
maurise2
Inactive

maurise2 is an unknown quantity at this point

My brother in law has had the problem of blue screening with virgin box since installation 4 months ago. Tv going blue several time a day. Virgin technicians been out several times. No better. One even suggested needed a new television. Current is bang up to date only one year old.

Can anyone at virgin tell me when this will be resolved. I would love to take up a virgin subscription instead of sky but at the moment
but there is no way i would do this at the moment and possibly never if this is how they treat customers
maurise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 19:43   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

This is a very rare fault. Ask your BIL to post on here and we may be able to help him.

If you joined VM you wouldn't get a V+ box anyway, as they are no longer available to new customers. It would either be a TiVo or V-HD box.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote