Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice on wayleave documents

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Advice on wayleave documents

Old 14-09-2011, 12:50   #1
daleski75
Inactive

daleski75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice on wayleave documents

Potential new customer on Virgin Media and just wanted to ask some quick advice about people's experience with wayleave documents.

I live on a shared drive with 3 houses (4 if I include mine) and everyone has signed the wayleave documents to allow virgin media to place a cable up under a hedge and over some grass into my home, however my neighbour is currently selling her house and wants to inform the potential new residents that a cable installation will be done in november.

My questions are as follows:-

Do the potentially new residents have any legal right to say no if they have not moved in yet? (no documents signed, simply viewing their home a 2nd time)
If the potential new owners as above say no am I legally allowed to get the cable laid down before they move in?
Would the above situation cause issues if they strongly object AFTER the cable is installed?

I am assuming because this wayleave document would go on the deeds then the new owners would be waiving their rights to say no as the previous owners already gave permission to virgin media and myself to allow the cable to be installed along the 'shared hedge'

My concern is even though my neighbour has agreed and signed the wayleave document that there is a possibility they could change their mind if the people viewing their home again dispute it and they think they could lose a potential sale.

On a more pleasant note I think I got a good deal (if the above goes through all ok!)

6 months half price
30mb broadband, XL TV package, M phone package
Free Tivo 500gb tivo box
Free V-HD box for bedroom
18 months free multi room
£60 cash back
daleski75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2011, 13:40   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Advice on wayleave documents

If the current owner signs then thats good enough, especially if the work is done before they complete on sale as they wont be the current owners.

Might be worth confirming with new owners though as even though they cant reverse the work once done, they might not be the friendliest of neighbours if they dont agree.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 13:45   #3
daleski75
Inactive

Cheers for the response weesteev I guess my only concern is the 'new neighbours' putting the brakes on the installation before it has even started and I am bit of a worrier which ain't helping!

Although I cannot really see them objecting as the cable is literally going under the hedge so no digging up drive ways or anything like that.

I'll sweet talk my neighbours a bit more as they have signed the wayleave but won't give it back to me until friday and I need to get a copy done as well for my records.
Old 16-09-2011, 20:23   #4
daleski75
Inactive

Just spoke to my neighbours who are trying to sell their home and after a bit of friendly banter I have assured them that the cable will be running under the hedge and in the grass and no one will be digging up the drive way as they where holding back on giving me back the wayleave form in case that happened.

So now all is good just need to make sure I can get a day off work to make sure our shared drive way stays intact!
Old 18-09-2011, 10:10   #5
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

A copy of the wayleave must be kept with the property deeds. So new owner is aware of the agreement.
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 10:22   #6
daleski75
Inactive

I got a second signed copy from the guy at virgin when he came over so we both have originals for the owner who is selling their home and the others virgin will provide a copy in the post.