Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help!! Suggestions needed in upgrading and transferring service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Help!! Suggestions needed in upgrading and transferring service

Old 06-08-2011, 18:53   #1
Webby
Inactive

Webby is an unknown quantity at this point
Help!! Suggestions needed in upgrading and transferring service

Hi all - I hope I'm placing this plea for help in the right section of the forum. Please move if I've got it wrong!

I live at my fathers address and since May 2010 have had the 50Mb cable service in my name, which I've been very pleased with. My father has his TV with Sky and phone with BT.

Essentially what I would like to do is move this all under one VM package, to save money and get a much better service.

The package I am looking at is XL TV with the 1TB Tivo box, 100Mb broadband and the M phone package. Creating this bundle on the website via my postcode gave me the price package at the bottom of this post, which saves me £10 a month over what we currently pay.

But my father wants to have everything in his name and keep the existing telephone number, after all it's his house.

When I phoned VM today, I was told that the only way I could get the above deal was to disconnect my broadband so my father could sign up as a new customer, potentially leaving us without broadband and having VM send two engineers out to the same address, one to take the old router away and another to bring the (new) router and TV equipment in.

Now it could be my 50Mb router is not right for the 100Mb service so I thought I'd post a picture of it (at the bottom), just in case someone knows the difference.

Having two engineers come out seemed a bit of a waste of resource, so I asked if my present 50Mb router would work on the new service and could we not just transfer the account to my father.

However an account transfer would cost £20, plus my father would not then be a new customer and would not get the cheap 6 months deal. Which leaves us with only the disconnect/reconnect route.

Now I want to stay with VM and I want to spend more money with them than I currently do. I'm also happy with the 18 month contract on the 100Mb broadband.

I know there's some great guys on the forum who have really helped others out before. So as a plea for help - am I asking too much to get the account transferred easily to a 'new' customer and the 6 month deal? And does the router need to change?

Thanks in advance
Webby

Webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2011, 07:27   #2
rounz
Inactive

rounz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help!! Suggestions needed in upgrading and transferring service

give retentions thread a lookover, as your over 12 months with current package, i assume you could get bt to release the telephone number over to vm aswell as its not changing address
rounz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:13   #3
Webby
Inactive

Webby is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help!! Suggestions needed in upgrading and transferring service

Thanks for the reply rounz - is there a specific thread or just a matter of reading as much as I can?
Webby is offline   Reply With Quote