Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No 'On demand' service

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

No 'On demand' service

Old 23-04-2011, 22:15   #1
percyp
Inactive

percyp is an unknown quantity at this point
No 'On demand' service

Our V+ HD box is not allowing 'On Demand' - the screen freezes displaying the 'one moment please' meesage and then after a few minutes we get a message saying that On Demand is not available, report to Virgin and quote error 1092. I reported this yesterday and was told to reboot (which I'd already done a few times) but still no joy. The lady on the phone wasn't very helpful at all and said we should just wait 24 hours and it would be OK...but it isn't - it still doesn't work. We also have no interactive service either. Before I ring again I wondered if anyone else has had this problem. I'm in the NN6 area and using the Samsung box.

Thanks
percyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2011, 22:40   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: No 'On demand' service

Although it may not be obvious, the lady on the phone actually did exactly the right thing for an error 1092. As it has not been resolved within 24 hours, you should call again.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 23:48   #3
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by percyp View Post
Our V+ HD box is not allowing 'On Demand' - the screen freezes displaying the 'one moment please' meesage and then after a few minutes we get a message saying that On Demand is not available, report to Virgin and quote error 1092. I reported this yesterday and was told to reboot (which I'd already done a few times) but still no joy. The lady on the phone wasn't very helpful at all and said we should just wait 24 hours and it would be OK...but it isn't - it still doesn't work. We also have no interactive service either. Before I ring again I wondered if anyone else has had this problem. I'm in the NN6 area and using the Samsung box.

Thanks
Reconnect to Virgin server by going through help & settings. Do this twice in succession and ensure each time that the TiVo goes right through the cycle to 100% completion.

After you have done this reboot the TiVo by switching it off using the mains switch at the back and wait for 30 seconds before switching back on.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 23:59   #4
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman
TiVo
Quote:
Originally Posted by percyp View Post
Our V+ HD box
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 09:43   #5
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

My V+HD box re-booted itself last wednesday evening and since then it does not work, other than changing channels. I've re-booted it a few times, but nothing works, the buttons on the box itself don't work other than the channel button. I have phoned the help line who say it's an area problem and just wait and hope

I gather many people have the same problem from reading the Virgin Media help forum.
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 12:06   #6
percyp
Inactive

percyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. Having called Virgin again, I've now been told that it is an area problem and I just have to sit and wait. Looks like more people have called after my initial call.
percyp is offline   Reply With Quote