Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Extra V+ HD next week

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Extra V+ HD next week

Old 07-04-2011, 22:48   #1
Hornet
Inactive

Hornet is on a distinguished roadHornet is on a distinguished road
Extra V+ HD next week

Booked my 2nd V+ box for next week. Is it up to me where the wires run outside within reason?

Also what V+HD boxes do they give out now I have one of the originals

Lastly will they look at the cabling to my current box that when moved distorts the picture or do I have to get someone else out to look at that?

Thanks
Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2011, 23:37   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Extra V+ HD next week

Yes you can discuss with the tech which route the cable runs.

V+HD can either be the SA 8300 model or the Samsung, both offer the same level of service.

If you mention your issue while the tech is there then he/she should be able to check it out.

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 14:02   #3
Hornet
Inactive

I have a two way splitter in the box outside my house at the moment. It takes TV in front and BB round back. Will I now get a 3 way splitter? Is that how they do it.

I wanted BB downstairs in a couple of years in room where new TV point is going is this easy to take from new TV point?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 00:22   #4
Hornet
Inactive

Anyone help with my above questions?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 01:33   #5
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
I have a two way splitter in the box outside my house at the moment. It takes TV in front and BB round back. Will I now get a 3 way splitter? Is that how they do it.
Not necessarily, they may split one of the already split connections, I personally have one omnibox on the front of the house which splits off into the lounge and to a second omnibox which splits off to the dining room for the internet and upstairs for the second TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
I wanted BB downstairs in a couple of years in room where new TV point is going is this easy to take from new TV point?

Thanks
Yes you will just need a splitter if you also want to keep the TV in there as well
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 18:50   #6
Hornet
Inactive

Ben B what they add another 2 way splitter, so there'll be 2 two way splitters in the box?

Will he leave me a BB splitter for the room if I ask? Or do I need VM person out again when I move BB?

Thanks