Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | buffalonas.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

buffalonas.com

Old 18-02-2011, 10:49   #1
Skyfox
Inactive

Skyfox is an unknown quantity at this point
buffalonas.com

Hi, just got a Superhub installed (would rather have kept my old router, but what can you do?)

Have it functioning reasonably well, but I am having a major issues connecting to my Buffalo NAS externally.

Using buffalonas.com simply doesn't work anymore. I have port forwarded the appropriate port (9000 in this case) though I cannot find anywhere to control outbound connections, only the indound.

I would rather not disable the firewall feature of the Superhub, although when I did, it did not seem to fix the situation. (But I have to admit to not giving it too much of a chance)

Has anyone had any success with the superhub and buffalonas.com service? If so, how?

Cheers!
Skyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2011, 15:42   #2
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Re: buffalonas.com

Disable the SHub's Firewall and flood detection. You are still behind NAT so you are not compromising your network. If you are still unhappy get a free software firewall.

Reboot SHub and see what you've got.

I haven't got a Buffalo NAS so can't check for you.

I remember I had a bit of a performance setting up my own NAS IIRC a pinhole reset was required to access it and setting it to a static IP solved the issue for me.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:38   #3
Skyfox
Inactive

Yeah, I had to wait a little while before the lack of firewall seemed to kick in. I can now now connect to the NAS externally.

You sure it's reasonably secure with the firewall settings disabled? If so, will leave it as is.

Cheers!
Old 18-02-2011, 18:44   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Being behind a NAT you'll be secure.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 23:28   #5
Skyfox
Inactive

ok, that's good to know...

Ok, buffalonas working fine.. working on FTP access now... more problems! What the heck does "Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead." mean?!?

I may just have to make do until they release a new firmware or add this bridge mode.