Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What do you use your PS3 for?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

What do you use your PS3 for?

Old 14-02-2011, 15:17   #1
Boaz
cf.addict

Boaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really niceBoaz is just really nice
What do you use your PS3 for?

Just gaming or do you use it for to watch movies or other...?
Boaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2011, 15:24   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: What do you use your PS3 for?

Games, Movies (Blu-Ray & Download), general entertainment really, plus it looks nice next to the telly xD
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 15:30   #3
alexcopeland
Inactive

Services: Talk Weekends SupreFibre 70
alexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to beholdalexcopeland is a splendid one to behold

Primary use is the Blu-Ray disc playback. Then games console. Followed by picture viewer using laptop as a media server as we have a large plasma panel which the family enjoys looking at wedding photos and other events on.
alexcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 15:37   #4
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Primary use is Gran Turismo 5 nothing else
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 19:21   #5
Zing

media player , using jailbreaking instructions for educational purposes. Games
Old 14-02-2011, 19:26   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I play films on it, my son plays games. That's about it.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 19:28   #7
Jayster
I am the one who knocks

Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Jayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to beholdJayster is a splendid one to behold

Games and a bit of music.
Jayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 21:11   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Media, mainly (BDs, DVDs, streaming videos).

I do play games on it too, but only exclusives (Uncharted, LBP, etc.) as my 360 is my main gaming system.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 21:14   #9
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Primary use is Gran Turismo 5 nothing else
That's the ONLY thing a PS3 was created for isn't it??
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 16:39   #10
Tod
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - Tivo, TV XL, Broadband XL, Phone XL, Mobile
Tod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to allTod is a name known to all

I use for photos, videos, DVD & Blu-ray.

I do play games on it, but only those I can't get for my main system. My Spectrum +3 with 128k disk drive is my main system.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 12:03   #11
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
That's the ONLY thing a PS3 was created for isn't it??
lol u missed out god of war, and little big planet & MGS
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 12:42   #12
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
lol u missed out god of war, and little big planet & MGS
I haven't played MGS on the PS3, and not really into GoW or LBP to be honest... the ONLY reason the PS3 exists IMO is Gran Turismo...

My 360 is perfectly adequate for everything else (and I only really play Forza on that too...)
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 12:42   #13
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I use mine for gaming, DVD + Blu-ray, surfing the net, speedtesting, franky Vorn , photos, music and some on demand TV occasionally.

Oh and lets not forget, annoying the Mrs
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 12:53   #14
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnwalker View Post
I haven't played MGS on the PS3, and not really into GoW or LBP to be honest... the ONLY reason the PS3 exists IMO is Gran Turismo...

My 360 is perfectly adequate for everything else (and I only really play Forza on that too...)
lol if that was the case why did u buy one : )
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 14:27   #15
grandmaster
Inactive

grandmaster has reached the bronze age
grandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze age

I use mine mostly for gaming but I do watch films on it as I dont have seperate DVD player in the bedroom.

I have also started downloading/watching video podcasts on it..

GM
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote