Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT cordless phone in-coming calls problems since installation of Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

BT cordless phone in-coming calls problems since installation of Virgin

Old 05-02-2011, 12:54   #1
newvirginuser
Inactive

newvirginuser is an unknown quantity at this point
BT cordless phone in-coming calls problems since installation of Virgin

Hello, I wonder if someone can help with a problem we have with our BT Studio 1000 and 1100 phones. They were all working fine before the Virgin installation in November last year, but I remember on the day of the instal when they were testing the line they were experiencing a problem using the Studio phones and they asked for a standard corded phone instead. We found and connected an old BT Duet 20 we had put away and this worked perfectly. The guys said job done and they went on their way. After, seeing the line worked (and was very clear) we re tested the BT Studio set. They seemed to work ok when we called people so we thought nothing more of it but after a while, we had problems with when people called all that could be heard on our end was crackling but we later found out the caller could hear our side perfectly clear. After a period of time the caller would give up. What puzzles me is that this problem seemed to start at the install, otherwise I would have just assumed the phones were definitely faulty. Also the line definitely works, but is there something about it that may upset certain phones, like gain or some other electrical attribute, that may either damage them and/or cause them to malfunction from there on? Any help would be appreciated.
newvirginuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 13:32   #2
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: BT cordless phone in-coming calls problems since installation of Virgin

it probaley ur phones m8 i had that with bt freestyle 750 i bought a refurbed set of bt phones of a site for 25 quid they work perfectly
here is is the site www.telephonesonline.co.uk
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote