Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | green paint for cable boxes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

green paint for cable boxes

Old 14-09-2010, 14:34   #1
caroltimson
Inactive

caroltimson is an unknown quantity at this point
Question green paint for cable boxes

Hi

Could anyone help me I am trying to locate a supplier for the green paint used on the cable boxes at the edge of properties. thanks
caroltimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2010, 14:40   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: green paint for cable boxes

I'm afraid I can't give a supplier but I am intrigued to know why you want the paint.
Old 14-09-2010, 15:19   #3
caroltimson
Inactive

I know it is a strange request! I work for a Housing Association and we have a team that works in different areas to litterpick, cut bushes & trees, repair & paint fences and whilst they were doing all that we were going to paint any graffetti covered boxes. Hope this lives up to the intrigue!
Old 14-09-2010, 15:31   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Personally in that case I'd paint it to suit it's surroundings.. Something tells me that VM wouldn't mind and probably would be happy to know that the community is behind it
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 15:35   #5
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Are they actually painted or are they plasti-coated?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 15:38   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I don't think they're powder coated, more than likely to be etch primered and then paint..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 15:40   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Oh I had visions of you drooling over the colour and wanting to use it in your home. So your actual reason is far more interesting.

I am sure one of the staffers will be along after work and be able to give you some advise.

Oh and can I offer a warm welcome to our forum and hope that you get a solution to the graffiti covered VM cabinets.

Old 14-09-2010, 17:05   #8
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Even though its a good idea I wouldnt have thought it would be allowed without prior permission
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 17:56   #9
ianaug23
Inactive

ianaug23 is on a distinguished roadianaug23 is on a distinguished road

If you speak to the Cabinet and Plant Maintenance team in Basildon on 0870 888 3116, they might be able to come to an arrangement on supplying the correct paint for you. They have had similar partnerships with Local Authorities in the past, so they may be able to do the same for you.
ianaug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 20:19   #10
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Talking Re: green paint for cable boxes

Give them a call or try the council as VM have agreements with local councils to paint the boxes .They get the naughty boys here to paint with the council .But pease dont paint over the locks
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 14:40   #11
caroltimson
Inactive

Smile Re: green paint for cable boxes

just wanted to say thank you for all your help, I've just spoken to someone who sits next to the lady who deals with the green paint! (she's on holiday this week) so i feel very hopeful that this time next week there may be some green paint with my name on it.