Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | address from a phone number

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

address from a phone number

Old 12-06-2010, 14:56   #1
spike47
Inactive

spike47 is an unknown quantity at this point
address from a phone number

Hi there

Is there anything on the Web that I can use to find a address from a phone number.

cheers and thanks

spike
spike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2010, 15:17   #2
*sloman*
Inactive

Services: 100MB, M Phone and XL TV (1x Tivo, 1x Samsung V+)
*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough
Re: address from a phone number

Not that i know of and a quick google search doesn't bring anything back. The police will have access to this information if your getting threatening or abusive calls.
*sloman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 15:20   #3
whitewineandsoda
Inactive

whitewineandsoda is an unknown quantity at this point

A few times I've got an address by googling the phone no, but they have usually been business no's.
If it's a nuisance call go to http://whocallsme.com/
whitewineandsoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 17:42   #4
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Just out of intrest...why would you want to know?
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 19:47   #5
toojohnny
Permanently Banned

toojohnny can only hope to improve

Hi, I too would like to know if there is a reliable way to obtain an address from just a phone number. Simply putting the number into Google doesn't really help, as it just gives the (possible) general area. Is it possible to home in on the actual address? And no, this isn't for stalking purposes! I may need to take legal action against someone who tried to stitch me up. He's not being forthcoming with any details! I do have his home phone number though. Any real help will be greatly appreciated.
toojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 19:50   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Short answer is No, if it's not associated to an address via something like an internet advert/report that you can google then you're not gonna find it
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 19:53   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by toojohnny View Post
Hi, I too would like to know if there is a reliable way to obtain an address from just a phone number. Simply putting the number into Google doesn't really help, as it just gives the (possible) general area. Is it possible to home in on the actual address? And no, this isn't for stalking purposes! I may need to take legal action against someone who tried to stitch me up. He's not being forthcoming with any details! I do have his home phone number though. Any real help will be greatly appreciated.
If it is criminal action then the police will need to be involved and they presumeably can put an address to a telephone number.

If it's a civil case then I don't really think there is any way to get access to this information. Do you know the person's name and roughly where they stay?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 22:54   #8
toojohnny
Permanently Banned

Hi Kymmy/RobboEdin,

Yes, it would be a civil case - if it needs to get that far. Car Dealer sold me a car that has couple problems with it - making it unroadworthy.

Was told by Autotrader that the Police/Trading standards would have to give them the thumbs up to release info to me. TS have already quashed that (citing Data Protection) and I know Police will do the same.

I have the guys first name only, and I know where he works out of - but it's not a shop as such - more like a Portacabin. Should have got more info at the time - hindsight!

Saw one of these other threads, and you got people acting like it was/is easy to get an address from a phone number - maybe not after all eh?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 23-08-2010, 22:57   #9
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Is the company registered? If so then you can normally get the directors details
Old 23-08-2010, 23:05   #10
*sloman*
Inactive

Services: 100MB, M Phone and XL TV (1x Tivo, 1x Samsung V+)
*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough*sloman* is a jewel in the rough

if you know his name and where he may live say nottingham, 192.com holds a serious amount of information about people. you do have to pay to view the info but think its only a few quid.

Typing in my name and the city i live in bought back my age range who i live with for free, for a few quid it will let me view everything.

there are sites that claim to be able to tell you but want £30, try and befriend a BT engineer see if they can help
*sloman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 23:05   #11
toojohnny
Permanently Banned

Hi Kymmy,

No, I don't think he is. Think Arthur Daley.

So annoying - I have 2 numbers for him, and 1 is clearly residential. They go on about these reverse directories available everywhere, but I can't get one to work so far!

I guess If I had a friend in the Police, or at BT....

Old 23-08-2010, 23:07   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by toojohnny View Post
I guess If I had a friend in the Police, or at BT....
would you seriously ask a friend to break the law for you???

Old 23-08-2010, 23:11   #13
toojohnny
Permanently Banned

Seems strange to me. You buy a car from a dealer, and you're protected by the Sale of Goods Act - yet Data Protection stops you finding out any missing info you might need?

Remind you of anything?

Buying numberplates off one Goverment department (clearly sold as words which you need to mis-space to achieve)

And then getting pinched by another goverment dept - ie the Police.

I wouldn't consider it as breaking the law. I need his details to be able to take him to court - which the goverments own legislation would allow me to do?!
Old 23-08-2010, 23:17   #14
Kymmy
Inactive

What about taking the company to court (sole trader or limited) then he'd have to respond back to the court with the company's owner or directors details

Have you actually talked to a solicitor? Also what documentation did you get with the car in the form of contract/reciepts..etc...
Old 23-08-2010, 23:27   #15
toojohnny
Permanently Banned

Yes, have talked to a solicitor. Advised me to write to him - which I have done at the business address.

I got a hand-written piece of paper with a squiggle on it when I bought the vehicle.