Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ff 13

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Ff 13

Old 11-03-2010, 20:12   #1
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Ff 13

Anyone started playing this yet? I want to know what it's like before I buy it. I've heard that they aren't exactly raving about it in Japan.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 23:35   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ff 13

90% of the things I've heard are good. It's not my type of game though.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 00:10   #3
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

always loved final fantasy games, i don't have a ps3 though .
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 00:55   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Xbox 360?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 00:56   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I don't like JRPGs.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:05   #6
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Xbox 360?
Had a 360 but broke, im gonna save up for a ps3 seeing as its cheaper now.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:20   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Fair enough, only mentioned as it's on both platforms
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:33   #8
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

will be getting this today when i trade in heavy rain
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 14:39   #9
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

So....has anyone started playing this yet??
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 14:54   #10
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Well I have it and have played the first three chapters upto now. I can understand were the negative reviews came from as most of them are aimed at how linier the game is. Though long time FF fans like me will know that this is not the way the FF games normally play out.

That being said I am still really enjoying it. The GFX ingame still put some other games to shame and the CG scenes really are something special as we've come to know and expect from an FF game now.

Again the battle system is very diffrent but its always been diffrent each game released. Okay this one is much more changed than ever before with you only controlling the party leader in battle but you can change the way other party members support you i.e relentless attack(everyone will attack what you are) or others were one party member will sheild while one cures leaving you to attack or do whatever you want. This can all be changed in-battle to and you can make your own variations outside to use next time in battle.

Story wise its not the best they've ever written but its not bad. I'm still waiting for it to come into its own actually. You don't get to know everything right away but thats not a bad thing imo.

Overall I think its still a good game. They have tried to change things up and take it in a diffrent direction and like anything that takes this approach its going to split its fans.

One last thing I would say is don't be put off in the first hour or so of gameplay. It takes awhile before all the battle system is explained and unlocked but starts to become much more enjoyable after this.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2010, 10:12   #11
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

Very well put icestar2 i am a huge FF fan and even though its quite linear , eveything else makes up for it , i am only early into the game and i love it so far , there is alot to take in at first which in its own way is a good thing , i know i am going to enjoy this game very much , it looks beautiful ingame and CG scenes , a must have game to play i reckon !
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 21:58   #12
Kellargh
Inactive

Services: BT internet, TalkTalk telephone, Sky HD.
Kellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really nice

I've never been a massive FF fan, but I must say I am enjoying this one. I'm in love with the new battle system, it's reminiscent of the battle system in Panzer Dragoon Saga, it gives the game a bit of a fresh feel from the previous ones.

I also welcome back the grid system similar to that of FFX. Don't worry, you still get EXP, it's just given a fancy name so it shows now as CP.

I don't get much time to play it so I haven't had the chance to open it up fully yet, but it's a thumbs up from me
Kellargh is offline   Reply With Quote