Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ps3 HDD install problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

ps3 HDD install problems

Old 01-02-2010, 17:43   #1
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
ps3 HDD install problems

Hi guys,

Just tried to reinstall my original HDD and I keep getting a message telling me that the HDD needs reformatting but it won't allow me to do so, also asking for 3.15 update but when I plug in the update on a flash drive it says no applicable update data was found, any ideas? I upgraded to 320gb without any problems but I cannot seem to get it to work this time. Do I have to put the update data in a specifically named folder?

IT'S OKAY, FIGURED IT OUT.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2010, 19:23   #2
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough
Re: ps3 HDD install problems

Tell us how you sorted it mate could be useful for other people
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:27   #3
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ps3 HDD install problems

I just went on the Sony website and found out that the update data needed to be in specific folders in order for the PS3 to recognise it. i.e PS3 > UPDATE. I was just being thick methinks.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote