Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Convert video to PS3 format??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Convert video to PS3 format??

Old 29-07-2009, 15:58   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I have a mini home DVD disc that I would like to convert so my PS3 will read it from my external hard drive.

How do I convert the DVD so my PS3 can read it, and it there away to do it free.
What format do I need to put it in?

As always TIA
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2009, 18:45   #2
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice
Re: Convert video to PS3 format??

HANDBRAKE (but it needs VLC installed in your PC/Mac.)

If your DVD drive is able to read the mini DVD. Use the PS3 Preset or the Xbox360 preset and don't alter any thing (if you do, you risk a failed conversion with handbrake to PS3. As X264 is still not obeying H264 profiles.)
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 21:15   #3
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice

Heres an example SD conversion in game music Killzone 2 demo vid.
http://blip.tv/file/get/GraphiteGB-I...illzone786.mp4.

( Er can't find the edit button. sorry. time expired )
Old 30-07-2009, 10:27   #4
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

What do you mean by preset.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009, 19:37   #5
RealDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
What do you mean by preset.
The developer has made presets to convert DVDs/files to PS3 or XBOX playable files.
Presets means a one/two click option that set up all the settings, this removes the user having to know about X264 encoder technology, there buy allowing any body to convert DVDs.

Open TS folder or file wait as it scans content
Open Presets
Click PS3 or XBOX360
Click start.
Then wait ? amount of time depending on number of CPU cores. In my case days. 1 core at 1.6Ghz

http://teamrevolution.eu/graphitegb/VIDEO/GT5P.mp4