Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Which cable do i need ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Which cable do i need ?

Old 04-03-2009, 14:22   #1
Bimbledwadle
Inactive

Services: sky tv virgin internet PS3
Bimbledwadle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Bimbledwadle Send a message via Yahoo to Bimbledwadle
Question Which cable do i need ?

I have a PS3 and a GNR TS900 monitor. I want to run the PS3 through this monitor. I have the plug (in the back of the PS) It's not the ordinary blue plug wire from monitor to tower but the other multi pin plug that does high def. I don't know which cable to buy. Please help, I need to play tennis in bed !
Bimbledwadle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2009, 17:29   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Which cable do i need ?

Welcome to CF,

You'll need a VGA cable I think. Assuming thats the only connection your monitor supports. You can pick them up for a couple quid.

Here is one for you to consider or look at so you know what your looking for £10.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...00N6NLQG320655
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 18:41   #3
Bimbledwadle
Inactive

Services: sky tv virgin internet PS3
Bimbledwadle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Bimbledwadle Send a message via Yahoo to Bimbledwadle
re; which cable do I need ?

This is the one i've been told I need, the one u showed me was for a tv. One end plugs into my computer monitor n t'other into ps3. The end of the one on the right looks the same as my monitor plug, but t'other way round. I'm hoping it's the right one. £4.99 from ebay. I've just rung currys up n for the same thing they want £49.99. Needless to say I hung up n fled to the toilet. I'll post here if, when it arrives, it's the right one or not. If it's not I will throw flumps at passers-by from my window.
Bimbledwadle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 19:55   #4
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: re; which cable do I need ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbledwadle View Post
This is the one i've been told I need, the one u showed me was for a tv. One end plugs into my computer monitor n t'other into ps3. The end of the one on the right looks the same as my monitor plug, but t'other way round. I'm hoping it's the right one. £4.99 from ebay. I've just rung currys up n for the same thing they want £49.99. Needless to say I hung up n fled to the toilet. I'll post here if, when it arrives, it's the right one or not. If it's not I will throw flumps at passers-by from my window.
My mistake sorry didnt read it properly. Hope all works out fine for you
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote