Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting virgin tv to tv’s in my lounge and bedroom.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Connecting virgin tv to tv’s in my lounge and bedroom.

Old 16-12-2008, 22:44   #1
lilbow
Inactive

lilbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting virgin tv to tv’s in my lounge and bedroom.

I recently disconnected sky and got size L tv on offer from virgin;
My sky box was connected to the tv in my bedroom through a coax cable that connect from behind the box to a socket fitted on the wall, where another coax runs from this socket to the tv in my bedroom.

I have set up my virgin tv but I cant get it to work in my bedroom tv through the same connection I used for my sky.
Please any ideas in resolving this issue .
lilbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2008, 12:00   #2
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice
Re: Connecting virgin tv to tv’s in my lounge and bedroom.

If no one comes up with an alternative idea you might consider a video sender.
daveetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 12:07   #3
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

don't think sky connection will work

why not connect the spare RF output ( if you have a V+ box) to the co-ax that runs to bedroom

you could also add an RF booster to get TV all round my home

add a Tri-Star video sender from eg Argos for an additional video channel (or just for RF remote signalling you've got a wireless internet router and the channels interfer)

NB - think atm you can't use HDMI as it knocks out the additional RF channel - so you probably need to connect the main TV via scart not HDMI cable
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 20:48   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

A Sky "Magic Eye" won't work for remotely controlling cable boxes, but you should be able to just view the STB output down the coax OK. Have you tried retuning the upstairs TV?

As RamJet says, if you have a V+ box set to HDMI or Component, then the RF output is disabled.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 22:46   #5
lilbow
Inactive

I don't have V+ box, got the basic box which is connected to my tv with a scart lead.
The coax cable from my bedroom TV terminates in a white box fitted in my lounge, i connect a coax cable from this box to the spare RF output on the Virgin box. but it won't work, though this is how i used it on my basic sky box.
I have tried retuning the bedroom TV but that doesn't help.
Old 18-12-2008, 08:27   #6
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

? try connecting the main TV (retune) direct to the spare co-ax

? read manual for STB - any enable extra RF output setting needed

? have you removed the sky equip
Old 20-12-2008, 03:17   #7
lilbow
Inactive

The RF output on the virgin samsung (SMT-2100c) VBOX do not work, and there is no manual on how to set it to work,
I have just tried to connect the STB to theTV in my lounge through the RF output with a coax but i can't get any signal, i even used the coax from my VCR but it won't work.
Any ideas on how to resolve this please
Old 20-12-2008, 09:17   #8
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

You could simply get an extra STB from Virgin which would mean that all channels would be available independently on each television for a nominal monthly payment?
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 10:50   #9
JethroUK

Services: Philips 42" +XLTV +10 meg B.B. +Lrg Phone + caller ID +Tivo £52 +Xbox 360 60 gig +200w Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbow View Post
The RF output on the virgin samsung (SMT-2100c) VBOX do not work, ..
It has to work

If you've definately retuned your TV and it doesn't work - you need to call them for a replacement
Old 20-12-2008, 12:42   #10
RamJet
Inactive

well the other way is to get a VideoSender eg the Tri Star one from Argos ( about £25)

this uses a SCART splitter ie 1/2 signal to main TV 1/2 to the SENDER unit

then put RECEIVER unit next to the bedroom TV and connect via Scart

nb : most if not all infra-red remote controls seem to work on the Tri Star incl V+ codes

nb : if you have a b/g wireless router it may interefer with the wireless Video channel as apparemtly uses same or thereabouts frequencies

( anyone got a work-around for this prob ? )
Old 20-12-2008, 18:04   #11
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamJet View Post
well the other way is to get a VideoSender eg the Tri Star one from Argos ( about £25)

this uses a SCART splitter ie 1/2 signal to main TV 1/2 to the SENDER unit

then put RECEIVER unit next to the bedroom TV and connect via Scart

nb : most if not all infra-red remote controls seem to work on the Tri Star incl V+ codes

nb : if you have a b/g wireless router it may interefer with the wireless Video channel as apparemtly uses same or thereabouts frequencies

( anyone got a work-around for this prob ? )
You usually have a choice of channels on the AV sender/receiver. If there is interference with your wireless lan changing the AV channel will sort it. You may interfere with a neightbours set up depending on your neighbourhood. Alternatively change the channel on your wireless Access point or router.

NB. Using the AV sender/receiver won't give you access to the epg.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 18:06   #12
lilbow
Inactive

I think i will go down the route of video/digi sender,as I ve just switched on my sky box and discovered Zone Reality and thriller is free on sky, which is not available on virgin size L pack.
I use a wireless BB router and GAP phone at home, so i need a digisender that can send signals from sky box Virgin box and my DVD to both TVs in my house but wont interfer with my house phone and bb wireless router.
Any ideas and recommendations please.
Old 20-12-2008, 19:32   #13
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbow View Post
The RF output on the virgin samsung (SMT-2100c) VBOX do not work, and there is no manual on how to set it to work,
I have just tried to connect the STB to theTV in my lounge through the RF output with a coax but i can't get any signal, i even used the coax from my VCR but it won't work.
Any ideas on how to resolve this please
The RF out on the SMT-2100C does work. I have been using it to run my spare set in the kitchen for the past 2 years. It works perfectly at the end of 20ft of high quality coax with no degredation.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2008, 20:22   #14
lilbow
Inactive

I think i will go down the route of video/digi sender,as I ve just switched on my sky box and discovered Zone Reality and thriller is free on sky, which is not available on virgin size L pack.
I use a wireless BB router and GAP phone at home, so i need a digisender that can send signals from sky box Virgin box and my DVD to both TVs in my house but wont interfer with my house phone and bb wireless router.
Any ideas and recommendations please.
Old 21-12-2008, 12:43   #15
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Could be the RF modulator on your STB has packed up, which is not unusual.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote