Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | '999' Error on Pace box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

'999' Error on Pace box

Old 21-08-2008, 17:12   #1
TrevorHannant
Inactive

Services: VM XXL BB, L TV and L Phone
TrevorHannant is an unknown quantity at this point
'999' Error on Pace box

I've just had my Pace box throw a wobbly. After initially giving an AP:52 error, I've now progressed to a '999' error.

Phoned VM Support after the initial problem to be told an engineer can't see me until NEXT FRIDAY - 8 DAYS AWAY! Have managed to bring this forward to Wednesday but the latter error has now appeared.

Anyone any ideas? (Only reference I can find to 999 on here relates to V+ boxes getting software downloads...)

T

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

And the minute I connect to Technical Support the damned thing starts working!!
TrevorHannant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-08-2008, 21:14   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: '999' Error on Pace box

999 is a channel number

But if it switched to 999 by itself, it probably is on the way out. See how it goes, and report it if it keeps happening.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 07:52   #3
TrevorHannant
Inactive

Might be a channel number but only had static from it for 10 minutes!

It was working for a bit last night before changing to show 'PACE' on the display - wife decided to leave it alone as she was watching something...

This is the 4th faulty box I've had in 18 months and I'm frankly fed up with VM and the quality of their reconditioned equipment.

And as for the little muppet I got on my 4th phone call last night - red the notes wrong and preceded to tell me the wrong info back before I had to interrupt him and put him straight as he started to tell me not to treat him like an idiot. What does he then do? Start's calling me by the wrong name....

Yes, he's not an idiot....
Old 25-08-2008, 18:17   #4
JayJay
Inactive

Services: TiVo, V+, XXL BB, XL TV, XL Telco 3x Cisco HD
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

I cant comment for other techs but on our van we have Samsung boxes and Scientific Atlanta boxes, aswell as the odd V+. Why not ask the tech for another box when he comes around?

There is 2 pace boxes left on the van which we avoid using, as they are crap! Fingers crossed you get a different box
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 13:57   #5
TrevorHannant
Inactive

Me too! The box is still flitting between working, showing 'Err3', 'PACE', 'AP:50' and another that I can't remember....

The person I last spoke to did read back that I was requesting a 'new' box so we'll see what happens tomorrow!
Old 26-08-2008, 14:25   #6
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Presumably you can ask for a refund with the time that you don't have a working set top box?
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2008, 18:39   #7
TrevorHannant
Inactive

Been told so, yes...
Old 26-08-2008, 19:08   #8
piggy
Inactive