Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Fixed Phone problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Virgin Media Fixed Phone problem

Old 02-01-2008, 13:50   #1
Englishlady
Inactive

Englishlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Fixed Phone problem

Since I had broadband installed on 22 December, my phone has lost its' dialling tone - all I get is a sound similar (or the same as) to the engaged signal. Yet I can make and receive calls.

Before I ring VM (at 25p a minute!!) I wondered if anyone else had experienced this. I tried a different phone in the socket but it was just the same.

When the fitters installed my broadband, they didn't access the cable box but split the cable that went form my cable box to the TV - I don't know if this makes a difference.
Englishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2008, 14:17   #2
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Fixed Phone problem

cant offer any help with your problem, but 151 is free as its a phone issue rather than a BB one
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 14:29   #3
Englishlady
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
cant offer any help with your problem, but 151 is free as its a phone issue rather than a BB one
Thanks! Will try that!
Old 03-01-2008, 00:32   #4
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

you sure its not just interrupted dialtone to tell you that you have a diversion set or a message waiting (if you have VM's voicemail service)
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:12   #5
Englishlady
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
you sure its not just interrupted dialtone to tell you that you have a diversion set or a message waiting (if you have VM's voicemail service)

I don't have VM's message waiting/voicemail. It is definitely the engaged tone!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:47   #6
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englishlady View Post
I don't have VM's message waiting/voicemail. It is definitely the engaged tone!
i think dragon may be right,dial 1571 to see if the free voicemail is set up on your line,if not cs can contact the switch to remove then replace the datafill on your line and you will have a continuous tone again
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 15:18   #7
Englishlady
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by on in an hour! View Post
i think dragon may be right,dial 1571 to see if the free voicemail is set up on your line,if not cs can contact the switch to remove then replace the datafill on your line and you will have a continuous tone again

Thanks - I tried that but no change. I will contact CS.