Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rochdale Phone Dead

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Rochdale Phone Dead

Old 23-11-2007, 17:38   #1
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star
Rochdale Phone Dead

Hi guys

My phone yesterday died totally, no dialing tone, no nothing it just utterly dead not even a beep.

How would I go about reporting this to NTL?
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2007, 18:04   #2
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
Re: Rochdale Phone Dead

Dial 150... Oh, yeah, sorry!
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 18:07   #3
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Unplug all your extension phones and just leave a wired phone in the master socket. See now if you have a dialling tone. What happens if you try to ring your home number, does it ring and cut off or keep ringing?
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 18:54   #4
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I would if I had one , I only have my trusty cordless

On trying to ring my home number it rings on the callers end but not at mine.
Old 23-11-2007, 19:00   #5
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

You really need to test it with a corded phone cos your cordless could have gone wonky Nip round to the neighbour and borrow theirs
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 21:26   #6
AndrewJ
Inactive

Looks like I shall have to nosey about
Old 24-11-2007, 17:41   #7
AndrewJ
Inactive

Tried another phone still dead, so called out an engineer on the mobile...
Old 25-11-2007, 12:00   #8
gothicdraconian
cf.member

gothicdraconian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Rochdale Phone Dead

Hi

Just out of interest, how easy is it to get an engineer out?

I reported my Virgin phone line as being dead on Friday and was told i would hear from somebody within 72 hours. It is now Sunday and my line is still dead and i have yet to receive any call.

When i called the helpline number, i was through to the UK and then transerferred, presumably to India where i got the idea i was fobbed off. I asked if they could provide me with any reference number as proof of me calling and they gave me a number 408****. Does anybody know if this is a valid number?
I am a bit reluctant to keep calling them as it costs an awful lot from my mobile each time.

Thanks
gothicdraconian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 12:06   #9
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicdraconian View Post
Hi

Just out of interest, how easy is it to get an engineer out?

I reported my Virgin phone line as being dead on Friday and was told i would hear from somebody within 72 hours. It is now Sunday and my line is still dead and i have yet to receive any call.

When i called the helpline number, i was through to the UK and then transerferred, presumably to India where i got the idea i was fobbed off. I asked if they could provide me with any reference number as proof of me calling and they gave me a number 408****. Does anybody know if this is a valid number?
I am a bit reluctant to keep calling them as it costs an awful lot from my mobile each time.

Thanks
when you call in to report the fault, the agent should be asking you certain questions, eg do you have a dial tone etc. Dependant on your answer with determine if a tech needs to be sent out or if it needs to be sent to 2nd level .

it sounds like the latter as if not they would have booked it there and then. It could be that it wasnt sent correctly, or sent to the wrong dept. I would give them until the 72 hours and call up to chase it.
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 00:52   #10
Dave A
cf.member

Services: LCD HD TV, Freeview, Virgin Media HD V+ TV, 10Mb Broadband, Phone, Vodafone Contract
Dave A is an unknown quantity at this point

Might sound daft but if you know where your street cabinet is located, check to see that it is locked and that no one has been pokeing about inside. if it's open might be a possible that your cable connection might of been unplugged.
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 13:28   #11
gothicdraconian
cf.member

gothicdraconian is an unknown quantity at this point
If i was on BT, this would never happen

Just thought i would post an update to my situation.

I actually had an engineer come out on the 28th Nov. He said it was a cable issue between the road and the building.
Another team attended yesterday (6th Dec) and said the phone line would be working today after another visit.

I've just received a call from Virgin on my mobile saying that they need to give 30 days notice to close the road or whatever to get it fixed and this is booked for January 15th 2008! At that point, it will be at least 7 weeks without a working telephone service.

I would just like to ask if anybody else has ever suffered such a huge time without service? I appreciate that procedures have to be followed but this appears to be so poor, it's laughable.

It costs me an arm and a leg each time i have to call Virgin from my mobile so i simply do not know what to do now. Are there any reps on this board who could look into this and at least send me an email confirming what will be happening as it was quite hard to understand the person who called me earlier.
TIA
gothicdraconian is offline   Reply With Quote