Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V+ Digi Sender (picture to another TV in house)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V+ Digi Sender (picture to another TV in house)

Old 27-08-2007, 19:06   #1
twonga
Inactive

twonga is an unknown quantity at this point
V+ Digi Sender (picture to another TV in house)

Hi

I currently have a V+ box (using scart output and not HDMI)

I want to send the TV signal to a Tv upstairs via one of the TV sender things.

I have just spent the last 2 hours looking through the search on this site and i can find plenty of posts about what sender to use for normal set up boxes but none for the V+ boxes.

1. What sender is the best to use with the V+ box? (remote working is not important but obviously would be nice if it did)

I was looking at this one from Argos and was wondering if it was any good? (no picture break ups etc)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5344273.htm

I need to connect two TV's to it so will it support two recievers at the same time?

2. As far as i am aware if you use HDMI output then the scart is blocked, have they changed this or is it still the case?

If anyone could get back to me asap then that will be great

Many Thanks
twonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2007, 19:14   #2
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: V+ Digi Sender (picture to another TV in house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonga View Post
Hi

I have just spent the last 2 hours looking through the search on this site and i can find plenty of posts about what sender to use for normal set up boxes but none for the V+ boxes.

1. What sender is the best to use with the V+ box? (remote working is not important but obviously would be nice if it did)

I was looking at this one from Argos and was wondering if it was any good? (no picture break ups etc)

I need to connect two TV's to it so will it support two recievers at the same time?

2. As far as i am aware if you use HDMI output then the scart is blocked, have they changed this or is it still the case?

Many Thanks
1. I have that video sender for my samsung box and it works fine with the remote and i don't see why it shouldn't work with a v+ and if it doesn't work you can always take it back

2. This still is the case except for if you're archiving recorded stuff to a vcr or dvd recorder from the vcr socket on the v+
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 19:58   #3
nicke261192
Inactive

Services: 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, XL TV, L Broadband, L Phone, Sony Erricson C902 Vodafone Contract
nicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond reputenicke261192 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to nicke261192

Aka The Vcr/dvd Scart Socket Still Works
nicke261192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 20:37   #4
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicke261192 View Post
Aka The Vcr/dvd Scart Socket Still Works
FYI it doesn't work all the time, only when you are copying stuff that you have recorded to a video or dvd because you have to tell the v+ that you are doing that, it isn't permanently on when you are watching a tv program if you are connected via HDMI but it does work like that if you are using scart for connecting it up to the tv.
Old 27-08-2007, 20:44   #5
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

Quote:
Hi

Many Thanks
Well, I've had a range of experience with wireless senders and cable boxes (Pace 2000, Samsung 2110c, V+ box) and I have to admit that the v+ box is one of the best boxes to use wireless senders you can pretty much use any wireless senders. My current setup consists of different manufactures wireless senders and they all seem to pick up from one receiver. Whe you buying the wireless setups remember you will most likely end up buying two kits but use only one trasmitter. As long as the receivers can use the same channel as the transmitter you should be able to pick them up. With my old boxes I did have problems using the remote control functions but again the v+ box uses normal IR instead of IRDA which the PACE uses. You can then buy a spare v+ remote on ebay and be able to record/pause/rewind from the other two tvs.

2. This is still the case. I only change to HDMI via the menus when I want to watch HD content on my HD tv else it is mostly on SCART.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more assistance or advice.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 20:58   #6
twonga
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyCable View Post
Well, I've had a range of experience with wireless senders and cable boxes (Pace 2000, Samsung 2110c, V+ box) and I have to admit that the v+ box is one of the best boxes to use wireless senders you can pretty much use any wireless senders. My current setup consists of different manufactures wireless senders and they all seem to pick up from one receiver. Whe you buying the wireless setups remember you will most likely end up buying two kits but use only one trasmitter. As long as the receivers can use the same channel as the transmitter you should be able to pick them up. With my old boxes I did have problems using the remote control functions but again the v+ box uses normal IR instead of IRDA which the PACE uses. You can then buy a spare v+ remote on ebay and be able to record/pause/rewind from the other two tvs.

2. This is still the case. I only change to HDMI via the menus when I want to watch HD content on my HD tv else it is mostly on SCART.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more assistance or advice.

firstly, thanks for the fast replys guys!

With the argos sender, do you get much disruption (e.g people walking around etc)

Funky Cable, are you using a budget sender or a expensive one?

Do you mind telling me exactly which sender you are using? (i need to get one that is garanteed to work with the V+ box )

Also another question is, does it have to say that the transmitters can have 2 recievers? or is it just the case of tuning reciever 2 into the same channel that reciever one is in?

Thanks!
Old 27-08-2007, 21:22   #7
Ben B
Inactive

Thumbs up Re: V+ Digi Sender (picture to another TV in house)

Quote:

With the argos sender, do you get much disruption (e.g people walking around etc)

Do you mind telling me exactly which sender you are using? (i need to get one that is garanteed to work with the V+ box )

Also another question is, does it have to say that the transmitters can have 2 recievers? or is it just the case of tuning reciever 2 into the same channel that reciever one is in?

Thanks!
I don't get much disruption with the argos sender but all i would say is if you have a computer connected through wifi in the same room that the wireless channel is as far away from channels 1-4 as possible, i use my wireless internet on channel 9 and dont get any disruption but avoid transferring file over bluetooth in the room that the receiver is in if you are watching tv because i found this causes white lines to appear on the tv while the file is transferring, other than that it works fine.

on the subject of a second receiver i used the receiver from my previous av system on which the transmitter broke on fine and it is not even the same brand, all you need to do is put it on the same channel that you have set on the transmitter.
Old 27-08-2007, 21:30   #8
twonga
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_b View Post
I don't get much disruption with the argos sender but all i would say is if you have a computer connected through wifi in the same room that the wireless channel is as far away from channels 1-4 as possible, i use my wireless internet on channel 9 and dont get any disruption but avoid transferring file over bluetooth in the room that the receiver is in if you are watching tv because i found this causes white lines to appear on the tv while the file is transferring, other than that it works fine.

on the subject of a second receiver i used the receiver from my previous av system on which the transmitter broke on fine and it is not even the same brand, all you need to do is put it on the same channel that you have set on the transmitter.
Thanks Ben much appreciated,

I will await funkys reply, and if his sender is expensive then i will buy your one from Argos

Thanks again
Old 27-08-2007, 22:43   #9
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice

Quote:

Thanks!
I use budget senders I cant justify spending hundreds of £'s for gadgets. I bought a phillips from argos for about £50 about a year ago. I then bought additional one (http://www.letsautomate.com/10773.cfm?) to enable my pc to pick up a tv signal and that worked perfectly. I also bought a compact scart sender which does not seem to be availible at argos any more which I paid £25 for it and it works perfectly. On the letsautomate.com site they tell you if its compactiable with what set top box and then you can just google it for better prices. What is nice with their site is that you can buy the receiver instead of having a spare transmitter. Bens right about channel numbers I got a wireless router right next to my wireless transmitter and I set my router to channel 13 and set my transmitter to channel 2 as all my receivers can pick up any channels from 1-4. If you search for my posts you will pick up the models of my wireless senders etc.

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

if you get one from argos you can always take it back and say your missus bought it for your birthday and you dont want it or some other excuse.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 23:30   #10
twonga
Inactive

Thanks for all your help guys!
Old 29-08-2007, 23:42   #11
twonga
Inactive

ok i have now purchased this sender from Argos (cheapest one was out of stock)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5345911.htm

Problem i have is.....it does not come with the scart splitter which means i have to plug it into the 2nd scart output on the V+ box.

This way send the picture and sound fine but when i use the remote it does not show the menus etc on the recieving TV ( i was aware of this already)

Basically what i need to know is, is there anything i can do to plug this sender into scart output 1 on the V+ box along with the main TV, or is there another sender at Argos that comes with a scart splitter?

e.g you plug the scart cable from output1 on V+ into this scart splitter which then runs the sender and also you can plug into TV

Many Thanks
Old 30-08-2007, 00:24   #12
Ben B
Inactive

my tristar one came with a splitter so i wonder why the pricier one didn't. have PM'ed you with my setup, i'll have a look on the net for you to see if i can find out how you can get one like mine.

Ben
Old 30-08-2007, 01:02   #13
RamJet
Inactive

RamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enoughRamJet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
ok i have now purchased this sender from Argos (cheapest one was out of stock)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5345911.htm

Problem i have is.....it does not come with the scart splitter which means i have to plug it into the 2nd scart output on the V+ box.
er . . . I would order in the cheaper one

when I went thru this exercise a couple of years ago by far the best was the cheaper Tri-Star - complete with Scart Splitter

or buy a scart splitter ?

from what other are saying it looks like the Tri-Star will work fine with the V+ box - which is the question I was asking in another thread

The Tri-tar rocks - I've got 2 of them !

RJ
RamJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 11:01   #14
frostygills
Inactive

frostygills is an unknown quantity at this point

I've bought some wifi sender / receiver pack for Argos, forget the name, but they were like lil flat routers. Anyway, it all worked fine as long as I disconnected my wifi network ie internet. Even though my wifi router was two rooms away, the picture had lines appearing every 2" on the screen with a cracking noise every time it appeared, disconnect the router job done. Problem was about 2 other people in my row got wifi about 2 months after and now I can't use the digi sender for pictures. I ended up co-axing out of the STB to the other room and using the digi box to change channels.
frostygills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 21:10   #15
twonga
Inactive

Sorted!

cheers for all the help guys