Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

Old 01-06-2007, 22:04   #1
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light
Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

My wife's mobile contract with Virgin Mobile (that I pay for) is coming to the end of its 12 month contract.

When I originally signed up for this (it's the £25 a month plan) I was told that at end of contract Virgin would either replace the phone or reduce the price.

My wife is very happy with the phone she originally got from Virgin, so we'd be looking at the price reduction.

Given that the £25 plan is for 300 mins + 300 texts, the same as the current £10 offer, what are the chances of this price reduction meaning a new £10 a month charge?

I'd be interested to hear from other users who may have gone down this same route, especially as the £25 a month charge is now quite uncompetitive.

Edit We're not bothered about keeping the same phone number.

Thanks in advance.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2007, 10:00   #2
VMNick
Inactive

Services: Left Sky Digital,BT Phone,OneTel ADSL Broadband for Virgin Media 3 for £30 (ex-NTL)
VMNick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

You could say about the new charges, if you don't get them. Just end the contract and sign-up again.
VMNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:13   #3
TheOne
Inactive

TheOne is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, your probably best of just switching over to the £10 SIM deal. which is pay monthly and they might give you a phone with it aswell

OR

just ask them to try and match it on a contract basis (which will probs tie you down into another 12months)

Report back here with what happens please
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:52   #4
buckleb
Inactive

buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies.

I'll report back around the 10th (when the contract runs out) with the results of this.
Old 02-06-2007, 16:31   #5
buckleb
Inactive

Just a small update.

I rang 789 to find out what my options were, in more detail, and they are:

Continue with my 300+300 tariff, using the existing phone, and the price goes down to £20 a month.

Continue with the 300+300 tariff, but continue paying £25 a month. This includes another 'free' phone.

Stop the account but continue using the phone without a tariff, and get charged 'standard' rates for calls and texts.

Stop the account and convert to PAYG.

Stop the account and switch to the VM exclusive £10 for 100+100 deal which replaces the current 300+300 deal on Monday.

The last 2 options are the ones we're looking at (we're quite happy to stay with Virgin), and we're leaning towards the 100+100 tariff which is still more than my wife manages to use in a month! We will be able to keep the same number, even if we get sent a new SIM card (we just have to ask for it).

The customer service rep was very helpful and I received a confirmation of cancellation, by text, almost right away.

A sales rep is going to call me next week to find out what we want to do and how they can help us do it.
Old 05-06-2007, 16:07   #6
buckleb
Inactive

With a slight nudge from my wife, I ordered the £10 sim online Sunday, in the process just sneaking into the cutoff point for the 300+300 offer.