Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Adding NTL email account to Microsoft Outlook 2007

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

Adding NTL email account to Microsoft Outlook 2007

Old 25-01-2007, 00:22   #1
HiroofTime
Inactive

Services: NTL 10MB Broadband & NTL Samsung STB with basic package.
HiroofTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Adding NTL email account to Microsoft Outlook 2007

Hi all.

Just installed Windows Vista Home Premium today. Loving it.

I am using Microsoft Office 2007 now, and I want to add NTL to the email accounts. Only problem is I don't know any of the settings.

When I set up NTL with Outlook 2003, I had to do something else other than the SMTP and POP settings.

I have searched these forums but with no luck on the settings. Can anyone help me get this working in Outlook, as I wanna throw all my backed up emails messages in there, ones I drag n dropped out of the inbox to a folder on my backup drive.

Thanks in Advance.
HiroofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2007, 00:29   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: Adding NTL email account to Microsoft Outlook 2007

Smtp = Smtp.ntlworld.com
Pop3 = Pop.ntlworld.com
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 00:51   #3
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

I think you need authentication on the outgoing server...

Enter your username & password...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 01:05   #4
HiroofTime
Inactive

Services: NTL 10MB Broadband & NTL Samsung STB with basic package.
HiroofTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Its sending ok, its just recieving isnt working. It keeps throwing up the password entry box.
HiroofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 10:14   #5
simbr
Inactive

Services: ntl Phone, ntl Digital TV, ntl Cable (10 Mbps)
simbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to allsimbr is a name known to all

make sure you're not including @ntlworld.com in the username.
simbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 18:09   #6
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroofTime View Post
Its sending ok, its just recieving isnt working. It keeps throwing up the password entry box.
I know this sounds like a dumb question but have you got the right password and have you selected remember password?
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote