Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Starview digital box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Starview digital box
Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2006, 22:05   #1
Tetchy
Inactive

Tetchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Starview digital box

Ive seen this starview box on ebay and wondered what it was about, Is it basically the same as an illegal digital box ie 1 thats been chipped?
It says you install some software that comes with it, plug it in and then search for channels, so basically its saying you can just buy this thing, plug it in and get all the channels? But is doesnt have a card so wouldnt ntl or telewest just be able detect them and turn them odd? Or can they be turned off? Im not interested in buying 1 because I dont agree with stealing be it from ntl or anywhere but Ive never heard of this starview box and just wondered about it.
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2006, 01:26   #2
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Re: Starview digital box

First and foremost yes they are illegal to connect to the NTL or Telewest Cable infrastructure, to use one as such is theft of services.

However, since it is not illegal to buy, sell, or own one, and they have other LEGAL uses as well, I'll explain a little about them.

It's effectively a remote controlled linux based media center system. It can play media files such as movies etc over a network from the other machines you have, you can install stuff like VNC on it to control PCs etc, it's a networked MP3 player.

Being linux based it's incredibly stable, and you can do a lot with it if you know linux.
Old 07-11-2007, 16:50   #3
melaldo
Inactive

melaldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Starview digital box

Hi I hope you can help me

how do i get rid of dollar signs on some programmes
Old 04-01-2008, 16:42   #4
DJSILK
Inactive

DJSILK is an unknown quantity at this point

How Do You Access The Secret Menu? I Have Been Told To Press 1570 Once The Installation Banner Appears, But I Have Tried And This Is Not Working. I Need To Access Emu Whatever That Is...how Do I Do This? Thanks All
Old 04-01-2008, 16:47   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

As the primary use for these boxes is to obtain services without paying for them discussion of how to access menus, use and obtain them isn't permitted on Cableforum.

Thread closed
Closed Thread