Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | how do i get a p45 again? i lost the one from my previous employer...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

how do i get a p45 again? i lost the one from my previous employer...

Old 09-08-2005, 11:28   #1
heyyo
Inactive

heyyo is an unknown quantity at this point
how do i get a p45 again? i lost the one from my previous employer...

whats the quickest way to get one?
i need to sort out my tax problem and i was told i need to send in my p45, when i started my new work i filled in a p46....currently im being taxed to much and i was told sending the p45 will be amend the problem and i will be refunded any extra tax taken.

any advice is appreciated.
many thanks
heyyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2005, 11:39   #2
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: how do i get a p45 again? i lost the one from my previous employer...

According to this:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...No_P45_or_P45U

you can't get a duplicate P45.

However, you should get a P46 from your employer, which should sort your tax levels out.

HTH

EDIT: Just read your post properly . The P46 will effectively replace the P45, which will get passed to the Inland Revenue to sort your tax out
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:50   #3
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

The Inland Revenue page here - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/taking_on.htm - confirms that if you have lost your P45 the new employer can fill in a P46. You'll probably have some serious grovelling to your payroll dept
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:13   #4
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

You cannot, but you can request a letter from your previous eer detailing the numbers on the P45.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote