Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How to cancel a Vodafone contract?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How to cancel a Vodafone contract?
Closed Thread

Old 15-06-2005, 23:37   #1
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07
How to cancel a Vodafone contract?

I've had my phone over 12 months and didn't want to be hassled into staying with Vodafone so I cancelled my direct debit. Is this is all I need to do? Last time I had to write to them,but I don't know their address!? and can't find it anywhere... cheers...
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2005, 23:42   #2
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: How to cancel a Vodafone contract?

Smicer call the CS and tell them.
Old 15-06-2005, 23:44   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Apparently if you dial 191 on your vodaphone mobile you can speak to them direct. You will then at least know what to do next.

Do you not get a bill, if you have a Direct Debit. If so does that not have a customer services / billing enquiries number on it.

Cancelling a DD does not cancel a contract. All it does is make the company contact you requiring you to pay them money by another means.
Old 16-06-2005, 09:04   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07
I've had my phone over 12 months and didn't want to be hassled into staying with Vodafone so I cancelled my direct debit. Is this is all I need to do? Last time I had to write to them,but I don't know their address!? and can't find it anywhere... cheers...
You have to give a months notice I think, if you just stop paying they will keep increasing you bill and then send the debt collectors in for the money.
Quote:
terms and conditions

You will appreciate that this summary is not comprehensive. To read the full terms and conditions please scroll down the page.

1. Length of Agreement
Continues for an initial minimum period of 12 months unless a longer period is specified in the price plan details, in which case that longer period shall apply. If you wish to bring the Agreement to an end you must give one calendar month's written notice to expire on or any time after the expiry of the minimum period

Here's the address for sending off your cancellation
You can also write to Vodafone Customer Care, Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
You will probably have to cancel it as of the end of July now so you had better re-instate the payemnts I'm afraid.
Old 16-06-2005, 12:28   #5
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Doh. Looks like I'll have to write to cancel then.
Old 16-06-2005, 12:34   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07
Doh. Looks like I'll have to write to cancel then.
Yep unfortunately, make sure you send it registered too so that they can't deny receiving it Cancelling you DD just means you aren't paying for your service, until you tell them you are ending the contract they will continue to bill you for months and months.
Vodafone Customer Care,
Vodafone Limited,
Vodafone House,
The Connection,
Newbury,
Berkshire,
RG14 2FN.
Old 16-06-2005, 17:17   #7
shredder
Inactive

shredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to shredder

paul you are the master at finding contact numbers and addresses! where on earth do you get them all from!?
Old 16-06-2005, 17:21   #8
Paul K
Inactive

Normally the websites of the company The number is usually there if you don't mind digging. Sometimes it's listed in the Terms and Conditions. If not then Google works wonders on company info if you give it the right search query
Old 16-06-2005, 17:21   #9
Chimaera
cf.mega poster

Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star
Chimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny starChimaera has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder
paul you are the master at finding contact numbers and addresses! where on earth do you get them all from!?
Gooogle is his friend - I keep telling him he could make a lot more friends if he got away from that damned computer.......
Old 16-06-2005, 17:24   #10
Flubflow
Inactive

Flubflow has a bronzed appealFlubflow has a bronzed appeal
Flubflow has a bronzed appeal

Here's sumfink wot I wrote in another thread.....
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...2&postcount=11
Old 16-06-2005, 17:30   #11
Paul K
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubflow
Here's sumfink wot I wrote in another thread.....
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...2&postcount=11
I would always advise people to contact a provider by letter for cancellations, registered mail preferably otherwise you are always in a position where they can deny receiving your cancellation notification. Until you get some form of acknowledgement or reply you should always err on the side of caution and expect to be billed until you get some form of response from them.
Send cancellations by registered delivery, wait 2-3 days and then contact them again and make sure they know that you sent the letter by registered post so you can tell if they received it or not
Old 17-06-2005, 12:41   #12
toots66
Inactive

toots66 is on a distinguished roadtoots66 is on a distinguished road

Bear in mind that a Vodafone contract might be with a service provider e.g. Carphone Warehouse, and not direct with Vodafone themselves, in which case you'd need to write to the SP at the address on your bill. My contract is with CPW and even though the bill has a Vodafone logo on it, it is quite clearly from CPW.
Old 17-06-2005, 12:55   #13
allanprg
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Superhub 30mb, Digital tv & phone
allanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really niceallanprg is just really nice

I cancelled my contract vodafone account by sending them a letter saying one months notice of termination of account. Also rang them up. And they did cancel the account. Had a letter back saying your account will be cancelled. After about a month another letter arrived officiallly cancelling the account. Had no trouble. I was with Singlepoint, but they told me to send letter to Vodafone Newbury.
Old 17-06-2005, 12:57   #14
Graham
Inactive

Graham has a nice shiny star
Graham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny starGraham has a nice shiny star

Be warned that if you cancel a Direct Debit and they still try to take money out on it, you could end up paying charges!
Closed Thread